Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor non alcoholic things to do in the city.

Options
  • 01-08-2013 7:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭

Considering the $hite weather, is there anything interesting to do indoors that doesn't involve drink? I have two foreign teetotallers to entertain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Considering the $hite weather, is there anything interesting to do indoors that doesn't involve drink? I have two foreign teetotallers to entertain.

Cinema, go karting, bowling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Encrustment

murphym7 wrote: »
    Cinema, go karting, bowling.

These are cultured French people not muck savages from Longford.

By the way isn't go karting outdoors?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

These are cultured French people not muck savages from Longford.

By the way isn't go karting outdoors?

Indoor karting at Little Island.

You could try the butter museum, the Financial Times says that it's "not (to) miss".

http://corkbutter.museum/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

There's no such thing as bad weather - just the wrong clothes.

Billy Connolly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Museums. The Crawford Gallery is free and interesting.

Loads of nice cafe's around.

Butter museum I like too.

I think there's stuff in Cobh about the titanic that tourists like, I've never been :S

Shopping center, Cinema.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

The old Kino cinema has been relaunched recently as an all-ages venue - so no alcohol served, they sometimes put on live gigs - although the crowd is mainly underage...

Otherwise, +1 on galleries, like the Crawford, the Vision Centre. Cork City Gaol is pretty impressive too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

You can do things without alcohol?? :eek:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Tis amazing how little there is really to do that does not revolve around drink in Cork.

Could try a tour of Blackrock Castle and Dungeons, Lifetime lab - have never been to either holding them out for a bad rainy day. If you know someone with the 2 for 1 cmp vouchers you can get into both of these places, they are cheap enough anywho. City gaol is a joke fecking rubbish wouldn't go there.

Can go for a stroll around the English market for a bit of Cork culture. If you were to call someplace for a bit of lunch ballyseedy castle is nice to see I am sure the rain would break for a quick walk around after.

mmm what else, Camden Palace might have something on check out the face book page or the triskel

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

The city public museum in Fitzgerald's park is quite good, but watch out for the very limited opening hours. The park is nice too if the weather picks up, and there is an interesting art project in the entrance pavilion. That puts you near Sunday's Well for the City Gaol, the Lifetime Lab and UCC for the Glucksman Gallery, the Honan Chapel and the ogham stones in the quadrangle. Plenty to do around that part of town.

edit: Although the architecture is interesting if you are into old industrial buildings, the Lifetime Lab is really aimed at schoolchildren.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

MrFrisp wrote: »
    You can do things without alcohol?? :eek:

:D

Drive home for example!

As a non-drinker, I say take them to the pub! Just because they're t-totallers doesn't necessarily mean they won't appreciate the wonder that is the Irish traditional pub.

• Advertisement

Greyhound racing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Ménage à trois

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Texaco Children's art competition, Vision Centre, Nth Main Street. On all month I think

Honan Chapel - good suggestion. Finbarre's Cathedral is worth a look..

They're bound to enjoy (or be curious to hear) some folk music - oops! back to pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

cantdecide wrote: »
    Drive home for example!

That's what Taxi's/Wife that doesn't drink (sometimes) are for..:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭alphamule

get high

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Surfing/body-boarding down in Garretstown or Inhcydoney. The weather doesny matter. Actually, you're more likely to get good waves when it's a bit rough.

Advertisement