Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Doughnut in Kilkenny?

Options
  • 01-08-2013 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Having a bit of a fat moment here..

Just back from London and craving KRISPY KREME :eek:

I'm on the hunt for somewhere that does either Krispy Kreme or Tim Horton's in town (?)

If not, where are the best doughnuts in kk (do ye think) ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

They do (or at least used to do) Tim Horton's in Eurospar in Newpark

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FionnOh

Was there yesterday; coffee but no crullers :O

The search goes on!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

Keoghs Bakery on James St. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

A slice of heaven on the High St might be able to help you.

brettmirl wrote: »
    They do (or at least used to do) Tim Horton's in Eurospar in Newpark

Had a second look and it turns out they do have the donuts! I'll head in the morning and get them fresh!

Was in Superquinn though today, and I reckon you won't go too far wrong with their baked stuff. Serious set-up in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Superquinn donuts or Stefans Pretzels across from Superquinn. He makes donut pretzels, yum yum.
    Anyone remember Donutz on high st?? Prob there about 15 years ago

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

1984baby wrote: »
    Superquinn donuts or Stefans Pretzels across from Superquinn. He makes donut pretzels, yum yum.

Yeah, in that little small place beside Maggies.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

1984baby wrote: »

Stefan's stuff is great; love the doughnut pretzels but the chocolate doughnut was a bit of a let-down..

Was that a franchise place?

Update on the doughnut quest..

I've found quite a few Spars have the Tim Horton stuff (Newpark, Callan Rd., Irishtown) but it's generally not great; seems to be defrosted or in some cases, they just throw in Cuisine De France crap and pass it off as TH's.
    Tits to that.

Doughnuts just have to be fresh and there's actually an abundance of local freshly-made stuff.
    Superquinn are fairly reliable (I know their jammy ones are deadly) and Dolly's Doughnuts on High street seem to have some tasty stuff; recently adding Boston and Maple cream to their offering.IMG_2838-2.jpg
    ..I must tip in for one of those.

Also, Topaz's caramel-filled doughnuts are unreal.

This is fast becoming an unhealthy obsession.

Advertisement