Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right path in Education?

Options
  • 01-08-2013 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I hope someone might be able to give some advice.

I've always wanted to do graphic design as a profession.

So I did my leaving cert a few years ago and did very well across the board; languages, art, maths/physics, business.
    When it came to CAO i went for a heavy combination of Computer Science and languages, did it for 2 years and I hated it.

Dropped out this may and applied for Art, Graphics And Printmaking - Visual Communications (Portfolio Preparation Course) in Ballyfermot CFE, which starts this coming september. I hope to use it to get into BA (Honours) in Visual Communication Design in IADT.

What I'd love to know your opinion on is:

Is this an advisable route to take. portfolio for a year > 4 year BA course?
    Is Ballyfermot and the said portfolio course the right one for the job?

And less immediately:

Should I go for IADT if I were to get accepted, or should I think DIT or England or otherwise?
    Am I crazy for leaving a sturdy and really employable course to do this, as I'll be 25 on graduating?

Hope this makes sense/is in correct forum. :D

Advertisement