Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Based Hunting Licenses

Options
  • 01-08-2013 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

A family member of mine wishes to do a bit of deer hunting and I am wondering about the legalities of getting them a hunting license.

1) Can someone that lives abroad obtain a hunting license without having a firearms license?

2) How do guides or outfitters that take you stalking handle licenses and firearms? Do you have to bring your own firearm?

3) What if the person is an Irish Citizen? Can I put them on my license and them have them get a deer license?

As always, thanks for the help.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

This is an educated guess so apologies if the info is not 100%.
    FISMA wrote: »
    1) Can someone that lives abroad obtain a hunting license without having a firearms license?
    No. You must provide firearms when applying for the license. If the person provided details of a gun they did not own or are not licensed on it would cause problems and most likely not be granted.
    2) How do guides or outfitters that take you stalking handle licenses and firearms? Do you have to bring your own firearm?
    Not 100% sure, but they have certain licenses, insurance and authorisations as all the hunting takes place on private land. Much like a range that has range firearms i'd presume.
    3) What if the person is an Irish Citizen? Can I put them on my license and them have them get a deer license?
    There are options for non residents, but with the person being an Irish citizen it could make it easier if they have a home address here. If it's possible then you could license them on your firearm as a joint license holder (section 4.2 i believe) and then apply for the hunting license with that gun.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement