Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loosing connection to wireless keyboard

Options
  • 01-08-2013 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

At the moment, im using my bluetooth mac keyboard with my windows desktop. Im bought a cheap dongle to allow my desktop work with my keyboard. When i booth up my computer i have a 50/50 chance that my kb wont connect. Do you have any ideas as to what might be causing this or a possible solution to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Is it paired with multiple devices? Are you switching it between the mac and the pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Buetooth is turned off on my mba, I checked there and although its turned off it was synced before to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Ok but are you using it for both the mac and the pc at the same time? That might confuse it.

Maybe the dongle is loose or something? With my bt keyboard I have noticed it takes a while to "wake up", I have to mash a few keys before it starts responding. Works fine under windows and ubuntu with cheap dongle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

No im not.

Iv plugged the dongle into different spots and it doesnt seem to affect it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,312 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im bought a cheap dongle to allow my desktop work with my keyboard
    you think maybe thats your problem?

• Advertisement
Advertisement