Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding a house share in Dublin

Options
  • 01-08-2013 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭

Not looking at the minute but wondering what's the situation with finding a house share in Dublin. Are the stories of 5 people against each other for the same room true and if so how do you make yourself stand out to get picked for the room?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ryanf1 wrote: »
    how do you make yourself stand out to get picked for the room?
    Some places look for someone who can pay the rent (have proof that you have a job), and some people want someone who'll they'll get on with. The latter can go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

the_syco wrote: »
    Some places look for someone who can pay the rent (have proof that you have a job), and some people want someone who'll they'll get on with. The latter can go either way.
    Would having a deposit ready to hand over help in any way?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Its not about money really with a house share its whether the others think they will get on with you.

When you advertise a room on daft you get all sorts of odd balls showing up.

A friend of mine has two rooms available. One guy who showed up to view appeared to be on drugs, another asked could he close off certain rooms to him and his friends when they were over, also didnt like the T.V. Another two just never called back and one guy never showed up.

I wouldnt be too worried about getting a place and yes lots of people come to view but not all of those are 'normal' , interested or compatible. There is loads of availability, once you seem decent and sound enough you will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I wouldnt be too worried about getting a place and yes lots of people come to view but not all of those are 'normal' , interested or compatible. There is loads of availability, once you seem decent and sound enough you will be grand.
    I never really looked at it this way but thinking about it, your absolutely right. I have looked for a share before and was up against 2 other guys. I got offered the room because the others had "baggage" according to the landlord. I assume that was in relation to girlfriends etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Exactly mate. You want to come home after a days work and just be able to chill out and have the craic with your housemates.

Once you tick that box you will have lots of options.

• Advertisement
Advertisement