Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

damnable dimmable leds

Options
  • 01-08-2013 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hey all, recently installed 10 by 6w ge dimmable gu10 leds in my kitchen. They look great on full power but sound like I have bees in the roof when I dim them.the guy in the wholesaler assured me that I have the correct dimmer and the noise is coming from the lights not the dimmer switch.any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparcocars

kramer1 wrote: »
    Hey all, recently installed 10 by 6w ge dimmable gu10 leds in my kitchen. They look great on full power but sound like I have bees in the roof when I dim them.the guy in the wholesaler assured me that I have the correct dimmer and the noise is coming from the lights not the dimmer switch.any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Either your bulbs are not suited for dimming or else its the wrong dimmer switch.

Check on the manufacture specs for the bulbs to see if there suitable for dimming.

If your dimmer switch is a universal dimmer switch then that means it is both a leading edge and a trailing edge dimmer in one. The switch itself detects the type of load and suits itself for the load. If it is a universal one then the switch is not the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

Right so, back to the wholesalers I go.
    Which dimmer do I need a lead or trailing edge?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparcocars

Right so, back to the wholesalers I go.
    Which dimmer do I need a lead or trailing edge?

A universal dimmer would be the best to buy. It provides both a leading edge and trailing edge in one unit.

Yep wrong dimmer .got it sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

What bulbs did u get, looking for these but need them to work with a digital dimmer switch.

• Advertisement

They are 6w dimmable leds made by GE.very happy with them. They're dimming nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

They are 6w dimmable leds made by GE.very happy with them. They're dimming nicely

How much were they, will they work with a lutron control system?

They cost about 15 euro a bulb and I honestly have no idea if they ll work with your system.start a thread , somebody on here will know.

Advertisement