Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer service hours and CC fraud checks

Options
  • 01-08-2013 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

I'm curious to know why the opening hours differ for 365 Banking and Credit card services? It is rather annoying when I have issues trying to use my credit card in the evening only to find that particular call center is closed while I can still call the 365 call center up to midnight during the week.

Also there is a big disconnect between your notification systems, my credit card had a 'security block' placed on it, the only reason I knew this was the case was because I work for the company that I was shopping online with and could look up the response code being returned by your issuer systems. I received no other notification from BoI. However if I apply for eStatements via 365 Online, I get the security code sent to my phone in about 30 seconds. 

Why can't I get a text alert when you block my credit card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula H

Hi Tim Tim

Banking 365 and Credit card services are two completely different areas and the opening hours are based on demand.  

The Credit card Fraud and lost and stolen card department have 24/7 opening hours. They can be reached on 1890 251 251 or 00353 56775 7747. If you contact the Lost and stolen department they can transfer you to the Fraud department. 

Credit card services do actually contact a customer by phone if they have any concerns regarding security on their credit card. 

They will text your mobile number if they cant reach a customer by phoning them but they need to have an up to date phone number for you to do this. It might be a good idea to contact credit card services on the number above to clarify your mobile number with them.   

Thanks for posting. 

Paula H

Advertisement