Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Such thing as a fake iPhone 5?

• 01-08-2013 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭

Please excuse the silly question but a tenant left some stuff behind in a house including a box with an iPhone 5 in it. I switched it on and there's no sim in it but the picture quality is terrible and it just looks weird? Its all pixelated like a baby computer or something. I have a 4 myself and this one is nothing compared to it.
    It even beeps like an old Nokia when the button is pressed?
    Could it be one bought online or something? Or could it be because there's no sim in it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

There are loads of look alike phones. If you connect it to your computer and iTunes recognises it you are in luck, however it sounds like a fake.

If you have an iPhone 4 it should be very similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

Mrs W wrote: »
    Please excuse the silly question but a tenant left some stuff behind in a house including a box with an iPhone 5 in it. I switched it on and there's no sim in it but the picture quality is terrible and it just looks weird? Its all pixelated like a baby computer or something. I have a 4 myself and this one is nothing compared to it.
    It even beeps like an old Nokia when the button is pressed?
    Could it be one bought online or something? Or could it be because there's no sim in it?

When you say theres an 'iPhone 5' in it, do you mean theres a phone that looks like an iPhone 5 ?

Upload a picture and we can see :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

It's in an iPhone box but the box says "white 32gb" on the back and this is black 64gb.
    It looks exactly like an iPhone when it's switched off but its much lighter, I've never seen an iPhone 5 in person though so I don't know if that's how it's meant to be.
    Will take some pics of it tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,349 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Should you not be contacting the tenant to see if they inadvertently left it behind? They might want their stuff back.

They've been back twice to collect stuff and only left their rubbish behind them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

They've been back twice to collect stuff and only left their rubbish behind them

So. It's still there property and they are entitled to it.

guil wrote: »
    So. It's still there property and they are entitled to it.

They know its there and left it behind twice.
    I asked is it possible that people actually make fake iPhones that work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

You can get fake phones that look like iPhones but they have a different operating system. If it connects to itunes it's real and if it doesn't it cant.

There are other differences as well but with the variety of fakes out there it is hard to be precise.

Probably a fake. If you post up a few pictures I ahve an iPhone 5 I can compare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

They know its there and left it behind twice.
    I asked is it possible that people actually make fake iPhones that work

Does iTunes recognise it as an iPhone, no? = Fake,
    Yes? = Real.

Does it have Siri in the settings?
    Does it have the same App Store as your iPhone?

Advertisement