Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anybody want to get the Ubuntu Edge?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

The best deal is buying two for $1400 so I'm interested if anybody wants to go halves: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ubuntu-edge--39

It will never go ahead as they will never reach the 32 million mark. It shot up the first three days but then stalled.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

It might and it mightn't. Either way, I'm going to make sure that if it goes ahead that I get one of those lovely devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

looks savage but can't see it coming off :(

glic83 wrote: »
    looks savage but can't see it coming off :(

I wonder if everyone who says they'd like to get one but they think the campaign will fail would actually pony up and pledge, the campaign would be successful?

I wonder if everyone who says they'd like to get one but they think the campaign will fail would actually pony up and pledge, the campaign would be successful?

Never said I would like to get one, just stating that it looks like a fantastic phone, and the reason I can't see it coming off was because it had a great couple of days at the start but things have slowed down.

And at 700 dollars thats a lot of money upfront for something which may or may not happen.

• Advertisement

glic83 wrote: »
    Never said I would like to get one, just stating that it looks like a fantastic phone, and the reason I can't see it coming off was because it had a great couple of days at the start but things have slowed down.

And at 700 dollars thats a lot of money upfront for something which may or may not happen.

I'm sorry glic83, I thought you meant you'd like to get it but didn't want to in case the project doesn't go ahead. You do get the money back if the project doesn't go ahead though, there seems to be a lot of misconception about that. You either get the phone, or you get your money back so no risk.

Personally, it couldn't come at a worse time money-wise. Closer to Christmas would be better. But outside of truly important things like family, friends, health etc this is my top interest so I'm willing to be slightly stupid with my finances. They said that if they were successful this time they would make it an annual thing so I really hope they reach their target.

I hope they do make the target as said already its a great idea. the design of the phone looks great, would love to see it happen but they need a big push to get to the required 32 million

Advertisement