Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOING HAIR APPRENTICE IN CALGARY?

Options
  • 02-08-2013 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi I'm going into hairdressing any one here training in Canada to be a hairdresser?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

You need to be PR before you can do an apprenticeship in Alberta

Source:

http://tradesecrets.alberta.ca/learn-on-the-job/who-can-learn-a-trade/'

You can earn while you learn if you meet the eligibility requirements for your Alberta designated trade of choice and you are:
    l
    a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada, and
    employed by an employer eligible to participate in the apprenticeship program

Think there are a couple of Irish hairdressers on Irish in Calgary FB page worth asking them if they trained here or in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gemie

You need to be PR before you can do an apprenticeship in Alberta

Source:

http://tradesecrets.alberta.ca/learn-on-the-job/who-can-learn-a-trade/'

Think there are a couple of Irish hairdressers on Irish in Calgary FB page worth asking them if they trained here or in Ireland
    yes i am on that page thanks
    whats a pr?

some hairdressers take you on as a job (while your working its training you up too) same as here in Ireland working and training the same time
    Yes I am on th

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

PR = permanent resident.
    You cannot do an apprenticeship on a temp work permit

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gemie

PR = permanent resident.
    You cannot do an apprenticeship on a temp work permit

im sure if a hairdressing job takes you on , you can its more of a job your doing (training the same time)

Advertisement