Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving a mobile home

Options
  • 02-08-2013 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Hello all, looking to get a mobile home moved, would anybody know any haulers who do this kind of thing in sligo or surrounding counties please, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Not sure if they move mobile homes for other people, but O' Connor cabins would have the experience, might be worth checking them out.

Their website is a bit outdated but I'd say the contact numbers should still be valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

darman28 wrote: »
    Hello all, looking to get a mobile home moved, would anybody know any haulers who do this kind of thing in sligo or surrounding counties please, thanks
    Did you try any of the garages that have recovery trucks, or the independent recovery guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭darman28

Thanks for the reply sofar, tried that O' connor crowd & thought the quote was a bit expensive, so going to keep shopping around.

No bother, I have a feeling they may be able to charge what they like, can't think of anyone else doing that sort of job around Sligo, but know a couple of truck drivers, they might be able to point me somewhere else.

What length is the mobile home and how far has it to be moved? Are the wheels free and strong enough still for pulling up on a trailer?
    An ordinary flatbed truck will need a crane to lift the mobile home on and off. That's more cost!
    Like I said earlier, you're looking for a beaver-tail truck that can tilt it's trailer and winch on the mob. and the reverse procedure for taking it off. These are the trucks used for recovery of crashed or immobile vehicles.

• Advertisement

I don't think a recovery truck would be of any use to be honest, most mobile homes are 30ft at least, it'd never fit on one, you could try McHale's in Castlebar if that fails maybe a plant hire company with a low loader may be able to sort you out?

McHale Website

I'm basing this on the theory that it can't be pulled, and is as long as 30ft if not longer, if it has wheels it may be able to be towed, then as Red Sean said, try a recovery company.

I've seen loads of them on recovery type trucks. They may be 30ft but the wheels are not 30ft from the front if you know what I mean.
    Quinn Recovery in Ballygawley has a beaver-tail that he can lift trucks, buses etc. for the cops with.
    Problem again with a low loader is getting it up on and down again. Requires a crane to do that.
    One way or another, it's not a cheap job and we don't know how far it has to go!

red sean wrote: »
    I've seen loads of them on recovery type trucks. They may be 30ft but the wheels are not 30ft from the front if you know what I mean.
    Quinn Recovery in Ballygawley has a beaver-tail that he can lift trucks, buses etc. for the cops with.
    Problem again with a low loader is getting it up on and down again. Requires a crane to do that.
    One way or another, it's not a cheap job and we don't know how far it has to go!

At least Quinn is another option, maybe the NSA have infiltrated the country and are moving their base, that's why the sneaky fecker won't give us more details!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭darman28

Thanks again for all the help, will try that quinn guy also. The mobile home is 10 by 30 & has to go about 10 mile.

Advertisement