Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL parking?

Options
  • 02-08-2013 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I will bestarting a course in UL soon. What isthe situation with parking? Is there such a thing as free parking anywhere oncampus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

There is free parking but it is a commodity, spaces most commonly found at 8am and lunchtime. There are 3 euro carparks too where there are usually always spaces (3 euro for as long or short a visit as you please). Free car parks are behind Foundation building (concert hall) and on the north campus (far away). Pay carpark opposite Stables/courtyard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

There's free parking in the East Gate carpark too, though that's restricted on Fridays as the coaches park there.

Most of the local estates are within walking or cycling distance of the college if you're planning to live locally.

Free parking is very scarce after 09:00 during term time and you may spend half an hour or more trying to find a space.

Local residents don't take that kindly to using the estates for car parking either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shiv29

Hi
    Looking for a lift from raheen fr russel rd to UL
    Know anyone
    Mornings 9am starts....
    Please let me know
    I ve an ad in wanted section of adverts.
    1st year student

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

Traffic is fairly mental some morning especially this week and the further up gate was closed a few mornings. I used to park in College Court last year but yellow lines went in so we moved elsewhere. Get in early for space otherwise you have a long walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Is the east gate car park locked down til 6 every evening. I usually park there because I have a lot of 9 starts but don't want to be stuck there til 6 every evening. Does anyone have any experience ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement