Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orbx - FTX: Global

• 02-08-2013 2:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭

Anyone bought this yet? Wow FSX really has come a long way eh!

I think I might grab it this weekend. With this and the complexity of the PMDG 737, Captainsim 777 and all the lovely Carenado GA aircraft, FSX really is a fantastic, detailed, immerse simulator these days.

http://www.fullterrain.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I picked it up too,as with all of the other FTX products to date. It transforms the stock FSX textures. I'm still using the Gen X VFR Ireland photo scenery packages, however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

OMG the Scottish FTX scenery has been released. Ive not been on Flight Sim for years. Now maybe its time to get back and fly over my homeland! Anyone here already got it?

Ive now got FTX ORBX England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. All Im waiting for is Eire to be released, which is soon, and my collection of the British Isles will be complete! You really see the difference when you fly across the border from Dundalk to Newry over the Mourne range, the accuracy levels sky rocket!

Look out!!!!!! Tumbleweed.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Picked up FTX NI over the weekend, but have yet to try it out. My next purchase will either be the A2A C172 or PMDG's B777, lots of great releases lately but my wallet is taking a hammering.

• Advertisement

This is the first time that Ive realised its maybe not all that important to have 100% accurate scenery. So long as the main parts are in the correct place, mountains etc are spot on, then ORBX's representation of the place is great. Edinburgh is awesome, photoreal with 3D structures!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

Nforce wrote: »
    Picked up FTX NI over the weekend, but have yet to try it out. My next purchase will either be the A2A C172 or PMDG's B777, lots of great releases lately but my wallet is taking a hammering.

Get the A2A C172 - at least that way you can make use of your VFR scenery :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

First impression of FTX NI was poor.... no mesh, iconic landmarks like the H&W cranes missing... Was hoping for more. Will hold off on global for a while and see what folks make of it...

Treadhead wrote: »
    First impression of FTX NI was poor.... no mesh, iconic landmarks like the H&W cranes missing... Was hoping for more. Will hold off on global for a while and see what folks make of it...

I dont know NI well, so couldnt tell if something was missing. Its quite pathetic if landmarks are missing when you consider how tiny NI is.

Indeed, the missing cranes were surprising considering their iconic nature and they fact that you practically have to fly under them landing on 04 at Belfast City Airport....

• Advertisement

While Googling to see what they look like, I came across this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05_ahAulMSE

whoops!

Advertisement