Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europe's Gameboy Jordan Casey

Options
  • 02-08-2013 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭

todays indo.I know, he may have been posted on here before but this lad deserves major kudos. Must buy one of his apps

http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/gameboy-irish-teenager-hits-it-big-in-tech-world-29466922.html

Ireland's youngest entrepreneur Jordan Casey (13) – dubbed "Europe's Gameboy" – is going into second year at De La Salle College in Waterford in September.

But instead of spending the long summer holidays playing computer games like the majority of his peers – this whizzkid was busily brainstorming to come up with codes to innovate his own games.

He was even asked to give a keynote speech for the Irish International Business Network stateside.

The event, held at the Apple Store, was organised by the IIBN Future Leaders Board, with the aim of promoting entrepreneurship at an early age and fostering relationships between young Irish and American professionals.

He has previously spoken at numerous events, including the Cannes Lions festival, the European Pirate Summit in Cologne and the prestigious TEDx conference in New Delhi.

Jordan said he had felt "relieved" when his two latest apps were accepted by Apple. "It takes a long time to complete apps and a lot of the time these apps aren't accepted.

"Having them in the iTunes store now pays off for all the hard work and now I can take a bit of a break," he said.

The schoolboy has four apps on sale at iTunes.

"I get inspiration from some apps by finding tasks that could be done so much easier because of technology but people still use the same outdated objects," he said.

CEO of Casey Games Inc, Jordan started writing code at the age of nine. His greatest success so far has been his video game 'Alien Ball vs Humans', which went to the top of various app charts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

He has his own PR team now so that was just a press release sent to the Irish Independent as opposed to them wanting to do a nice story on him.

He's a great kid though.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭b0ardsUser

I'm not a fan of his games at all, but if he's getting young people into programming, then I'm all for it!

I hope in the future he progresses into the more traditional type of programming than the method he currently uses.

Advertisement