Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The COLLUSION thing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Plus while I completely agree that it was horribly unprofessional for him to be swearing like that, you can kind of sympathise since he was forced to pull the plug on his own stream. It's one thing for players to dick about with pots and jeopardise the legitimacy of a grand final. But it's another for them to do it right after rules have been set down to avoid it. Chris G tested the water, very much at Spooby's expense regardless of the outcome.

Has that kind of show-stopper even happened before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

The decision to do nothing was taken away from Spooky when he sponsors said they wouldn't support anyone who endorsed collusion. He literally couldn't sit there and let it happen.

i said he wasnt wrong for what he did though :confused:
    was just saying he was just as un-professional as they were with all the rants, yeah fair enough he was well mad they tried mess with him but step away from the mic if you just want to curse for 5 mins straight....that or commentate on irish mk :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Lythero wrote: »

Has that kind of show-stopper even happened before?

Ye dreddy pulled the plug on the sham that was cobelcog vs stev0 #collusion

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Woah woah woah, that Noel stuff happened at a tournament?
    Technically, no.

It happened on a hotel room at night, not during tournament time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    Ye dreddy pulled the plug on the sham that was cobelcog vs stev0 #collusion

GET THAT **** OUTTA HERE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Technically, no.

It happened on a hotel room at night, not during tournament time.

Got a summary of what happened? Ur last link was hella long

He bopped his gf for suspecting she was hanging with another competitor.

I know we have a video thread, but I think all these fighters are colluding as well.

http://randomencounterz.wordpress.com/2013/07/10/what-does-the-coverage-of-noel-browns-arrest-mean-for-the-fighting-game-community/
    events transpired that left one player arrested and two other attendees injured. Noel Brown was arrested and charged with battery (domestic violence) after allegedly striking another player and his ex-girlfriend after he caught them in a hotel room engaging in an “intimate” situation. Brown was in Orlando, Florida, attending Community Effort Orlando (CEO), which is one of the FGC’s Road to EVO events.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

i get the fact spookys stream is his job.
    he makes money from it.
    if less people watch his stream because of ****ing about, the stream could lose sponsors, he then loses money.

HOWEVER...chris g and sanford are not his employees, if they want pick whatever character they want, they can.
    if they want to piss about and risk losing there own sponsors, they can.

Chris G and Sanford are not Spooky's employees - HOWEVER, sponsors hear about this kind of stuff happening in FGC so they don't support other players, people would stop watching streams and that affects sponsorship too. It's a bigger issue than just two players.

I'll be honest (and I raised this question on Twitter), I don't understand the line between collusion and pot splitting. Either way you're getting a match that means nothing to either player and that surely influences play and has a bearing on viewer experience. Plus it means nothing in terms of "records" / history...

FGC is at a crossroads - it's finally getting media attention, bigger pots, sponsors, but with that comes certain responsibilities such as not blowing up stream chat every time a girl is seen, taking sponsor commitments seriously (so yes, shoutouts are important) and not fixing matches (which is essentially what I see collusion and pot-splitting as). There are some who want the growth...and others who are perfectly happy with the DNA of the FGC (the arcade hostility, elements of commentary, the Cross Assault controversy, etc).

🤪

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Chris G and Sanford are not Spooky's employees - HOWEVER, sponsors hear about this kind of stuff happening in FGC so they don't support other players, people would stop watching streams and that affects sponsorship too. It's a bigger issue than just two players.

I'll be honest (and I raised this question on Twitter), I don't understand the line between collusion and pot splitting. Either way you're getting a match that means nothing to either player and that surely influences play and has a bearing on viewer experience. Plus it means nothing in terms of "records" / history...

FGC is at a crossroads - it's finally getting media attention, bigger pots, sponsors, but with that comes certain responsibilities such as not blowing up stream chat every time a girl is seen, taking sponsor commitments seriously (so yes, shoutouts are important) and not fixing matches (which is essentially what I see collusion and pot-splitting as). There are some who want the growth...and others who are perfectly happy with the DNA of the FGC (the arcade hostility, elements of commentary, the Cross Assault controversy, etc).

Well, there is a practical issue.

If the winner and runner up decide to share the money, how do you stop them? It's their money, they won it, they earned the right to do so.

However, it's painfully obvious when people aren't trying their best to win, in general.

The question then becomes- how do you enforce it? How do you detect the difference between an attempted counter pick and someone not trying to win? It's like the "foul and a miss" rule in snooker, it prevents people from attempting something legit otherwise.

I don't understand why pot splitters can't at least take some pride in getting first. Even in a tournament where big money would be involved, the glory means more to me than the moolah...

Perhaps some frequent winners really just don't care about that aspect of the tourneys anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What was the prize money? Didn't seem like a huge tourney.

Lythero wrote: »
    I don't understand why pot splitters can't at least take some pride in getting first. Even in a tournament where big money would be involved, the glory means more to me than the moolah...

Perhaps some frequent winners really just don't care about that aspect of the tourneys anymore.

Even if they didn't give a damn about winning, and I'd guess they don't. Why piss off the sponsors and pot monsters by not giving them a good final? They paid for it, after all- but they might not pay for it again if they think you'll just feck about...

I don't get how anyone could get morally offended by Cross Assault.

It was reality TV.

I don't get how anyone could get morally offended by Cross Assault.

It was reality TV.

Most people aren't the biggest fans of sexism, Kiki.

Most people aren't the biggest fans of sexism, Kiki.
    Right, right.
    But reality TV thrives on sexism & debauchery.

Right, right.
    But reality TV thrives on sexism & debauchery.

Doesn't make it ok.

Advertisement