Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc alarm fault

Options
  • 02-08-2013 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,
    The alarm went off on my house this morning and now wont arm due to an open zone Z6
    the house has 4 zones, I have opened every window and door individually and tried to rearm and it gives each zone for whatever window or door thats open, none of which are zone6
    anyone had a similar problem?
    Alarm installed 7 year ago and never had an issue. Have done no work in house that would affect it

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Was there no zone descriptions programmed into the system.
    Have you checked for panic buttons or a PiR ?
    If you still cant locate it open the panel & tell us what's wired into zone 6 or if its labelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pico24

KoolKid wrote: »
    Was there no zone descriptions programmed into the system.
    Have you checked for panic buttons or a PiR ?
    If you still cant locate it open the panel & tell us what's wired into zone 6 or if its labelled.

It is programmed with descriptions, z1 front door, z2 kitchen, z3 upstairs, z4 lounge.
    Zone 6 has no description and there is no more windows/doors but there is a panic button upstairs, I will check this and the box
    Thanks KoolKid

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your welcome.
    let me know what you find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Probably a tamper zone that wasn't programmed correctly.

Or a lazy electrician too lazy to programme all the zones..;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 pico24

Just to let u know alarm 'fixed itself'
    The zone 6 open has gone and is working fine
    but will probably reappear in the not too distant future

I'd still be looking to identify it. Nothing surer it'll be back to haunt you.

Advertisement