Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Newbies - 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Advanced entry into 2nd year of Mechanical Engineering (DT022) in Bolton Street. Anyone know when we should be getting info on fees, registration and when the first day of the semester is?

Also some help with figuring out that timetable site would be appreciated. I see how to search by class group and choose the course but can't get any further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Is it normal to have a class scheduled on a Saturday? Or is it a mistake? It doesn't really bother me, just an extra bit of hassle and rearranging my Saturday's working etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Nerdosaurus

Hey Aly, Im going into year 2 of DT228! (not as a newb though) The people in the class are pretty cool/friendly so just talk to a lot of them and see who you like the most. I know it's going to be difficult going into a class that have mostly been together for a year already, but don't let that affect you, jump in and chat!

Cool. Thanks for the encouragement!
    I'll look forward to meeting you so :).

Any other women (besides meself :) ) going into DT228 in either Year 1 or Year 2 ? Or am I going to be surrounded by good-looking men? :D

Both is fine with me ;) .

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

Username: students
    Password: timetables

Any other info you need is here.

The timetable system is very awkward and frustrating, according to that im in monday 9 to 6 ? could this be true ? Why cant i just see a normal timetable view

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 iAppleFan

Hey anyone on 1st year Computer Science DT228

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

Anyone want to do me a favour and check dt080 timetable mon-fri and tell me what its like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

Anyone want to do me a favour and check dt080 timetable mon-fri and tell me what its like :)

YOu can check them yourself using the following link - http://www.dit.ie/studentservices/registration/studentclasstimetables/

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭chopper666

Anyone doing DT006- Mechanical Engineering, Bolton ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

If you don't filter it correctly (bloody hard to do, 3 years later and I still haven't figured the bloody thing out) The timetable will include all optional classes, and if you're unlucky and your course has sub-groups, it will include all of those too.

In my first year, there was 6 groups AU, AV, BW, BX, CY, CZ the first letter corresponded to your lectures, and the second your tutorials, so AU and AV would have lectures together, but tutorials separately. If the timetable at the start was to be believed, I have about 70 lecture hours a week, and on more than one occasion, I was scheduled to be in three different rooms at once! Turns out I had 15 hours a week! :cool:

If you hang on till your orientation day, you'll get a nice clear timetable, with just your stuff on it, or if you're feeling really anxious about it, you can always go into your campus and the timetables from last year will be outside the school office's door on the wall. These won't change much apart from maybe the room number if there is more students than last year etc. (well, this is true for the business faculty, I'm assuming it's the same throughout).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Any other women (besides meself :) ) going into DT228 in either Year 1 or Year 2 ? Or am I going to be surrounded by good-looking men? :D

Both is fine with me ;) .

Why not both?

Seriously though, there were a fair few girls in first year last year, maybe up to as much as a quarter of the class, I don't see why that would change this year.

Why not both?

Seriously though, there were a fair few girls in first year last year, maybe up to as much as a quarter of the class, I don't see why that would change this year.

Good to know.

It's great that we're bucking the trend in choosing Science courses as opposed to those in Business or the Arts. Apparently, we're not afraid to embrace the inner geek anymore. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

So... Who's in the Mountjoy Sq. campus? I know no one.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jayla13

I really have no idea how to access this timetable...help ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mee Mee 93

Timetables will be posted out by the course co-ordinator about a week before orientation along with some course information :)

I just can't follow how to see it online. I expected to recieve some information this week, but I only got my registration details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Jayla13 wrote: »
    I just can't follow how to see it online. I expected to recieve some information this week, but I only got my registration details

What's your course code?

DT545 design and viz comm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Mee Mee 93 wrote: »
    Timetables will be posted out by the course co-ordinator about a week before orientation along with some course information :)

If your lucky.....last year for the first month I went to ALL the wrong lectures and tutorials.....it was only when I failed a ca miserably the lecturer noticed I shouldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mee Mee 93

I guess it depends on how organised your course co-ordinator is. I you dont get it by the end of next week just email them.

• Advertisement

Can anyone look up the timetable for DT545 for me, and send me a link or a print screen please?

The link brings me just to the site again? Thank you for trying though negative creep

Jayla13 wrote: »
    The link brings me just to the site again? Thank you for trying though negative creep

There :L

Ahhh thanks a million I didn't see the PDF you're a star!!!

They could make it easier to read! Ah I'm sure I will manage

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

They are much easier to understand once you know the breakdown of groups for labs and tutorials, don't sweat it until you've gone through induction.

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

I believe I have figured out how this timetable site works. Log in as said before then click on programme timetable:

7e647a1dc1f9e06f49bf256a2e6d8938.png

Fill out the details with your own programme code:

6f777971bdcd897d9742361395cf69a8.png

Click search and then double click on the programme title that appears and fill this out as required:

402ae63aa98c582fc82e5c66f98b55f9.png

Click next and then you can view the timetable and save as PDF. As far as I am aware this is the correct procedure but I'm open to correction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭chopper666

I believe I have figured out how this timetable site works. Log in as said before then click on programme timetable:

7e647a1dc1f9e06f49bf256a2e6d8938.png

Fill out the details with your own programme code:

6f777971bdcd897d9742361395cf69a8.png

Click search and then double click on the programme title that appears and fill this out as required:

402ae63aa98c582fc82e5c66f98b55f9.png

Click next and then you can view the timetable and save as PDF. As far as I am aware this is the correct procedure but I'm open to correction.
    I was able to find the timetable for DT006-Mechanical Engineering but could not make head nor tail of it. Think I'll wait for the hard copy but thanks for the directions they were spot on

Advertisement