Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Newbies - 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jessiblah

phonypony wrote: »
    The one with the cheap broken pen and even cheaper broken lollipop? :D

My lolly and pen were both fine. :P The letter was a bit crumpled though!
    Gots my broken lollipop too.. :( :pac:

I don't think I got a checklist of things to bring.. What's on it?

Was there a timetable in there too?

Yeah, I didn't get a checklist either. :/ No timetables. You get them at induction I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

mayrocks7 wrote: »
    My orientaion is on the 7th! (yay only one day for me :P)
    ...what do you do? are the people there most likey to be on your course?

I can't speak for everyone but all my group are doing the same course, although with different languages.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭lilsparkle69

I'm doing dt545 Visual Comm. Anyone else? Can't wait, starting on monday!

Anyone else have classes on Saturday? Shows a few things on my timetable, but not sure if I'm looking at it right :s

Anyone else have classes on Saturday? Shows a few things on my timetable, but not sure if I'm looking at it right :s

Yeah, a few people have said that. Apparently it's scheduled in for if you need to meet with a chairsperson or something. They're not actual classes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

I've registered and all but just having a look..

Is anyone else having a problem logging into Blackboard/web courses? I can get into email perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭TheAlkaline

Ok ladies and gentleman. Team 36 is going to win the treasure hunt :D Sorry to said that...

borat_not.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

I've registered and all but just having a look..

Is anyone else having a problem logging into Blackboard/web courses? I can get into email perfectly.

Get used to webcourses not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ianofitz

Anyone doing Logistics and Supply Chain Management, DT358? do you know when the orientation is? When I went to look up the timetable it just said N/A. Then I checked the course induction and it said "students will be contacted directly when they have accepted their course". I haven't been contacted about my course at all. I got the diary and societies and stuff but nothing about my course!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭TheAlkaline

ianofitz wrote: »
    Anyone doing Logistics and Supply Chain Management, DT358? do you know when the orientation is? When I went to look up the timetable it just said N/A. Then I checked the course induction and it said "students will be contacted directly when they have accepted their course". I haven't been contacted about my course at all. I got the diary and societies and stuff but nothing about my course!

Maybe try to call DIT about it or message them on fb.

• Advertisement

Maybe try to call DIT about it or message them on fb.

will do. cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Im doing Architecture!!!....close enough XDD
    at least we're in the same building

You'l do the job nicely

For now....... -_-

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

This is School link for logistics http://www.dit.ie/management/contacttheschool

re webcourses any issues are prob related to moving into the new academic year and getting ready for new students :)

This is School link for logistics http://www.dit.ie/management/contacttheschool

re webcourses any issues are prob related to moving into the new academic year and getting ready for new students :)

Thanks but theres nothing there to do with timetables or anything. Were you saying I should contact them? Ill do that tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

Sorry this is the contact for the school who look after your course. Each school looks after inductions and timetables. If your induction isn't published online yet or you haven't heard anything yet give 402 3031 a call. Timetables may also be available online or at induction ....again prepared by the school. Hard copies of timetables are available outside some school offices if ready yet. Call or email the secretary (aideen)...if you are free and in dublin you can call in aswell

Sorry this is the contact for the school who look after your course. Each school looks after inductions and timetables. If your induction isn't published online yet or you haven't heard anything yet give 402 3031 a call. Timetables may also be available online or at induction ....again prepared by the school. Hard copies of timetables are available outside some school offices if ready yet. Call or email the secretary (aideen)...if you are free and in dublin you can call in aswell

Cool thanks for that! I got my course induction timetable this morning so its all good. Thanks for your help

I'm just looking for some clarification. Next Tuesday and Wednesday we have induction and collecting of the student card? Then lectures start from the following Monday?

The induction and card collection days are different for each course. But yeah, I think the lectures start on Monday.

My induction is on next Tuesday at 9am, and my foot is still in fecking china! Arses to that! :mad:

Also, where abouts is the stoodent union in bolton street does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Downstairs from the main common area in the room that has the shop/pool tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Nerdosaurus

Was anybody at the DSS orientation yesterday. I have a feeling I bumped into one of you guys :) .

Yesterday was deadly, I even found an old friend who I haven't seen since I was a wee one :D .

Just only had to ask what her second name was.

It's mad, but in a good way :D.

• Advertisement

Anyone know will I still get my student card etc, even though none of my fee has been paid? Still waiting to hear from SUSI and I'm starting induction on Monday. :s

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

our was a week long last year, and maybe less than half the time was "get to know each other" stuff - human dynamics they called it :D , but believe me if you can be there - be there. you'll mix with everyone and find friends much more quickly than those who missed it. makes week 1 of lectures and group work so much easier! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mayrocks7

hey, we're getting our students cards next week, does this card have a photo? because it didnt asked me to upload a photo or anything
    will they take the photo in orientation/induction?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 robbeeertt

As with the others, in the welcome pack it said something about a checklist on what to bring to induction..
    Well I too don't have this checklist :(

So does anyone know what we should bring? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

hey, we're getting our students cards next week, does this card have a photo? because it didnt asked me to upload a photo or anything
    will they take the photo in orientation/induction?

they take the pics and give you the card on the spot... my pic turned out beautifully :P smile quick! :D

robbeeertt wrote: »
    As with the others, in the welcome pack it said something about a checklist on what to bring to induction..
    Well I too don't have this checklist :(

So does anyone know what we should bring? :O

I haven't even got any packs, letters, pens or lollipops I've heard of, I think it's safe to say I'm utterly lost :( I've no idea what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jayla13

Does anyone know if we have to bring I.D? Photographs? To collect our student car on Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jayla13

I'm doing dt545 Visual Comm. Anyone else? Can't wait, starting on monday!

I am! Hiya!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 robbeeertt

I haven't even got any packs, letters, pens or lollipops I've heard of, I think it's safe to say I'm utterly lost :( I've no idea what to do

Maybe get in touch with the college, try phoning them or something :(
    Jayla13 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we have to bring I.D? Photographs? To collect our student car on Monday?

I've to collect mine on Wednesday, think I'll bring ID just to be sure, but I doubt we will need any photos as it will all be taken there ..

• Advertisement

robbeeertt wrote: »
    Maybe get in touch with the college, try phoning them or something :(

That's the plan, if it's not in the post on monday I'll be ringing

Advertisement