Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkrun Westport

Options
  • 02-08-2013 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭

I see parkrun is coming to Westport. The inaugural race is on the 14th September. Having done these in England I highly recommend it.

Parkrun is a free 5k, timed run that happens every week on a Saturday and is open runners/walkers of all abilities. You register on parkrun.com print off your bar code and you are all set. Later on in the day you get a text giving you your time.

I don't have any other details other than the above. If anybody has any insight let us know.

Best of luck to the organisers who are all voluntary!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Heard about this.. Will defo do some of them. Any word on the route?, last I heard it was probably an out-and-back on the old greenway (town to the Quay). A loop might be nicer but road runs require marshals and the idea is to have it 'super lean' so a few volunteers can run it. We don't really have a 'park' as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Looks like Parkrun is coming to Castlebar. Inaugural race is on 8th March around Lough Lannagh.

This is really catching on and running is a great healthy activity.

Fair play and best of luck to organisers/participants.

Belleek would be ideal for this in Ballina. Not sure if its on the radar though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

finisklin wrote: »
    Looks like Parkrun is coming to Castlebar. Inaugural race is on 8th March around Lough Lannagh.

This is really catching on and running is a great healthy activity.

Fair play and best of luck to organisers/participants.

Belleek would be ideal for this in Ballina. Not sure if its on the radar though.

I second the Beleek idea, would love it, fab location for running. Im sure it would be very popular.

Advertisement