Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions re Wordpress plugins?

• 02-08-2013 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

In the most recent version of WordPress, I need to create a function on the site whereby the user can access in a simple way the digital images of a notebook and, in the same space, its transcription. I would be grateful for any plugin suggestions re the following ideas:

- To access posts (ie: transcription and image) by clicking on a date in a calendar. Is there a plugin for this purpose?

- I also considered a slider with a "next" option but cannot find a slider plugin that will display both text and images side by side. I need it to function like this:

http://publications.newberry.org/lincoln/exhibits/show/thewest/americain1809/kentuckyfrontier

http://livingstone.library.ucla.edu/1871diary/transcriptions.htm

All suggestions welcome!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Carew

Also, another possibility would be a reliable plugin which simply displays thumbnails of each page of the notebook, each one linking to a post which contains the text and image. I think this may the way to go actually...particularly for a non-programmer!

Example: http://americantraveldiary1878.tumblr.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 Domain

Hi, have you created a thread on wordpress.org or yahoo answers Programming & Design forum?

http://wordpress.org/plugins/

There are new plugins coming out all the time, try searching google with related keywords followed by "wordpress plugin" and something could come up.

Hi Domain,

Thanks for your reply. I searched the Wordpress forums already and posted my questions, however I haven't found a solution yet :\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

There's a great Serbian guy if anyone is interested in developing a Worldpress website. I used him for a while, but decided to go for a Shopify website for e-commerce reasons.

Milos Antic is his name. A very nice guy. He will be totally committed to your project and your needs. He will give you his mobile number if you want to catch him off-line. Available on Skype etc.

The time difference between Ireland and Serbia is only 1 hour, so it's ideal.

His fees are around $250.

Profile can be viewed here.

Milos is a 5 star rated freelancer on Elance.

If anyone wants his email, just drop me a PM.

There seem to be very few plugins that can be easily customised, therefore I may avoid plugins. However, there are also very few guidelines regarding digital archives on Wordpress! I think it's a case adapting a basic structure to create ones own template.

I'd still be grateful for any internet tutorial (Youtube etc) links re creating a calendar for the year of the digital archive and how to link it to the data. There are easy-to-use plugins for 2013 calendars but I can't seem to find anything which can be amended re the year.

• Advertisement

Slightly basic question time: How do I get the Wordpress.org site to link to pages...but without creating pages/posts? I want (for example) small images images which, when clicked on, allow you to access a new page with an image and text. Normally when I am blogging, I create a post or page and link the thumbnail image to that. However, this time I want to create a more formal website but can't figure out how to achieve the above without the new page/new post function? Where do I put the image and text - where is that page held? How do I create that page without it appearing as a tab on the menu etc?

Advertisement