Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom charing me penalty for direct debit, while the sales person said I would be pa

Options
  • 02-08-2013 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

So, over 1 month ago I order the broadband. On the phone, the guy clearly said they are taking my bank account as "security" and I'd be paying bills through post office, 35 euro per month. Obviously stated, that I wouldn't be paying any charges aside from the first bill, 35 euro.

Here I am, 1 month later, receiving bill of 86 euro. I call the customer service and they come up with some charges out of nowhere, direct debit failure penalty(15e). Wait, what? I didn't sign up for direct debit, how did that happen. But obviously it seems that the customer service people are programmed to only repat "I'm sorry i can't do anything" into eternity.

I honestly don't know why I returned to eircom again, after reading many threads of this forum of how eircom turned into a scamming organisations. Honestly, I doubt people here can do anything, but hey it seems to be a norm for them to charge more than twice the bill they said you'll get.

Guess only way left is to report it to proper authorities, maybe I can get my money back that way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

tryde wrote: »
    So, over 1 month ago I order the broadband. On the phone, the guy clearly said they are taking my bank account as "security" and I'd be paying bills through post office, 35 euro per month. Obviously stated, that I wouldn't be paying any charges aside from the first bill, 35 euro.Here I am, 1 month later, receiving bill of 86 euro. I call the customer service and they come up with some charges out of nowhere, direct debit failure penalty(15e). Wait, what? I didn't sign up for direct debit, how did that happen. But obviously it seems that the customer service people are programmed to only repat "I'm sorry i can't do anything" into eternity.I honestly don't know why I returned to eircom again, after reading many threads of this forum of how eircom turned into a scamming organisations. Honestly, I doubt people here can do anything, but hey it seems to be a norm for them to charge more than twice the bill they said you'll get.Guess only way left is to report it to proper authorities, maybe I can get my money back that way.
    Hi tryde,

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you are having.

Have you logged a formal complaint in relation to this?

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 38 tryde

Hi tryde,

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you are having.

Have you logged a formal complaint in relation to this?

Thanks

Tracey
    Not yet, I guess I'll get to it later today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

tryde wrote: »
    Not yet, I guess I'll get to it later today.
    Ok, if you log it your issue will be investigated for you.

I'm afraid I can't log complaints here myself.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement