Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre frustrations - "Not in my area" when it is!

Options
  • 02-08-2013 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi,
    Can you please explain to me why all of my neighbours are enabled for fibre including the house directly attached to me. Any time I ring I just keep being told it is "not in my area" - I then explain that it clearly is and am told I am on a different cabinet which seems strange that I would be the only one on the road on a different cabinet. If I put any address near me into the line checker they show up as enabled. What I would like to know is when I can expect to be enabled and if true that I am on a different cabinet how far away is this cab as the one I expected I was connected to is only c.400m away. There is no other cabinet within reasonable distance that I am aware of so if I am not on the local cabinet then there is no point in me upgrading to fibre. I am on the belcamp exchange and can PM any details you require.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi,Can you please explain to me why all of my neighbours are enabled for fibre including the house directly attached to me. Any time I ring I just keep being told it is "not in my area" - I then explain that it clearly is and am told I am on a different cabinet which seems strange that I would be the only one on the road on a different cabinet. If I put any address near me into the line checker they show up as enabled. What I would like to know is when I can expect to be enabled and if true that I am on a different cabinet how far away is this cab as the one I expected I was connected to is only c.400m away. There is no other cabinet within reasonable distance that I am aware of so if I am not on the local cabinet then there is no point in me upgrading to fibre. I am on the belcamp exchange and can PM any details you require.
    Hi rahenyrover,

Would you like to PM me your details and I will look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭rahenyrover

PM sent.

Many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

PM sent.Many thanks
    Thanks for those details.

I will look into this for you and come back to you when I have more information.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Packet

Sounds like a "direct fed" line, one that goes directly back to the exchange. It could pass right by the cabinet :-(.
    AFAIK it hasn't been decided how these lines will be handled. Hopefully an effort will be make to fix them. My parent's house in Bray has this issue as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭rahenyrover

Thanks for that, hopefully not the same situation as me, hadnt even considered that. If I'm in the same boat then not really any point sticking with eircom in the short term as no doubt will be a long time before its resolved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement