Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

starting new business

Options
  • 02-08-2013 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi Folks,

I am looking for some advice. I am currently in full time employment and appreciate that I am working!

However my friend and I have been hashing around the idea of starting our own company. He is also in full time employment. Our idea is based on both of our current expertise in the industries that we are employed in.

The positions we hold would help us to develop our own business & provide a solution to the companies we work for.

I would be concerned about conflict of interest but would be confident this could be kept out of the equation if things were done correctly.

I wanted to know, should we go ahead with this or park it? If we do go ahead what steps should we take and I mean baby steps neither the two of us have ran our own business before!

Any feed back welcome....:)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Make sure to talk to your managers before doing anything some companies have it written into contracts about working elsewhere.

Your post is too vague to really be able to get a real answer.

How much experience do you have?
    Do you have enough money to do it?
    Is your industry growing or can it fit in a new entry into the market?
    What would you be able to do differently?
    Why would someone switch to using you?

You perhaps don't need to answer those here but as long as you can answer them yourselves then its a start! I worked in retail for years and have learnt more since opening my own place in February than I did in the ten or so years working for someone else!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

Join nothing except the rosary.

That's not a joke, just think long and hard about going into business with anybody, it often ends in tears.

Advertisement