Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which PAYG Sim fot Ireland

Options
  • 02-08-2013 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

As thread title. Which PAYG sim should I get for visiting home?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is your phone unlocked?

Do you need it for long?

Do you want to use many calls, sms, data?

I presume you will be just getting a new number for the time you need it, will you want to keep the number till you return?
    That could influence what network you choose as the networks terms for keeping a sim active vary a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Joe 90

Davy wrote: »
    Is your phone unlocked?

Do you need it for long?

Do you want to use many calls, sms, data?

I presume you will be just getting a new number for the time you need it, will you want to keep the number till you return?
    That could influence what network you choose as the networks terms for keeping a sim active vary a lot.
    Just light use on visits home. calls, sms. Would be conventient to keep number between visits and for credit not to expire.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The best option to keep credit and number alive would be O2. All you need is one chargeable transaction every 6 months to keep number alive.

They have a plan for €10 where you can ring mobiles and landlines on any network for 30 days. You can buy addons for texts €5 for 100 or €10 for 250 etc or use webtexts for free. The catch is that it requires €20 topup in on go, it takes the €10 for the calls and you have the remaining €10 to do as you wish. It doesn't expire for ten years but you can't use it as balance for the next month but you can use it to buy text bundles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

For cheapness : Tesco Mobile, especially if you are planning to call abroad on it and use data.

Advertisement