Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture Framing - Recommendations

Options
  • 02-08-2013 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hello,

Can anyone recommend resonably priced picture framing services in the north Wicklow/South Dublin area?

Many thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Not sure that reasonably priced and picture framing go together! Depends what you want of course..
    Robert at Cherrylane Gallery is very helpful, that's up near the Orchard Inn in Killingcarrig.
    The Hangman Gallery on Eglington road in Bray is also good, there is also a framers ( or there was) opposite Fitzpatricks garage in Bray, the name escapes me at the moment..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

I have had numerous framing jobs done by Appletons in Stillorgan (beside Stillorgan Decor) and they are consistently excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭greenketchup

micandre wrote: »
    Hello,

Can anyone recommend resonably priced picture framing services in the north Wicklow/South Dublin area?

Many thanks

Cherrylane is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Cherrylane is excellent

Pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

micandre wrote: »
    Hello,

Many thanks

Pm sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭micandre

Many thanks for all the responses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Zoe zebra

+1 for appletons in stillorgan

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kev91

obriens woodcraft on facebook they have there workshop in newtown

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

Craft Picture Framing in Bray are not cheap but I have gone to them for years because they do such a quality and excellent job. The guy who works there has a great eye and will often suggest borders and frames you'd never have considered but which always just make the picture / painting look even better. Its on the left hand side, past Lifdl, opposite the garage with the Ford dealership as you're driving out of Bray going north (where the golf shop used to be)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

eleMental wrote: »
    Craft Picture Framing in Bray are not cheap but I have gone to them for years because they do such a quality and excellent job. The guy who works there has a great eye and will often suggest borders and frames you'd never have considered but which always just make the picture / painting look even better. Its on the left hand side, past Lifdl, opposite the garage with the Ford dealership as you're driving out of Bray going north (where the golf shop used to be)

I cannot recommend this guy highly enough. I have had some 25+ medium to large sized pictures, prints, paintings and lithographs framed by him over the years and the work is perfect. Even if there is a problem with a frame (in my case a mounted picture moved slightly inside the frame after 2 years) after some years he corrected it without any charge. Quality of the frames is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

hangtoughframing also is excellent, exhibition standard

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Ikea provide some very inexpensive options for DIY

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Why not keep it local there is a picture framer in Charlesland Wood ,pm me if you want details.:D

Advertisement