Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paye Number

Options
  • 02-08-2013 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I have recently changed jobs but will not receive my P45 for about 3 weeks. I have been given my new jobs Pate number to provide so that I do not get emergency taxed.

I am wondering would anyone know the correct way to go about providing to to the powers that be please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Phone your local tax office and give them your PPS number and your employers registered number and tell them to allocate your tax credits to your new employer. You can get the number for your local office from revenue.ie, the office depends on where you live, not where your employer is based.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

Making you wait 3 weeks for your P45 is really not on. Have you asked them why? However, as you have provided your new employer with your PPS number, they now need to complete a P46 and send it to Revenue or alternative they can do this by phone. To speed matters up, I would also contact your own Revenue office and provide them with details of your new employer (his employer reference number would be needed). Following receipt of the P46, the Revenue will issue a Tax Cert for you to your new employer and also to you but while this is going on, your new employer is obliged to operate the emergency tax basis but as you have provided a PPS number it is not that bad for the first four weeks anyway. If you had not provided a PPS number practically all your wages would go in the way of tax.

Basically for the first four weeks you will get a single persons tax credit and have a single persons cut off point, for the next four weeks you will get same cut off point but no tax credits, after that nothing.

Advertisement