Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new permanant tsb visa debit

Options
  • 02-08-2013 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I got a new visa debit card in the post today from permanant tsb and went to a permanant tsb atm to activate it but it said to call a certain number? Anyone else have this problem? What do they ask for over the phone? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

You can do it on the internet too I think. Read the leaflet you got with the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jay2013

You can do it on the internet too I think. Read the leaflet you got with the card.

yea but im not registered on the open24.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

jay2013 wrote: »
    yea but im not registered on the open24.ie

Cant help you then I'm afraid. Best bet is to just call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jay2013

just curious to why it wont activate on the atm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

jay2013 wrote: »
    just curious to why it wont activate on the atm

For your own safety because someone could have gotten your 2 letters (Card/Pin) without you knowing and than using the card.

When you call they ask you a couple of questions and than it's ready to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I think all the banks are a little cautious about cards now, especially in the light of that card theft investigation at An Post

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0726/464907-an-post-employee-arrested-in-theft-investigation/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

For your own safety because someone could have gotten your 2 letters (Card/Pin) without you knowing and than using the card.

When you call they ask you a couple of questions and than it's ready to go.

Happened to my better half when she moved house, shady housemate moved into her old place and started using her 'new' card.

The bank had sent out a new one because her old one was about to expire, she didn't even know it had been sent out. Thankfully they couldn't use it without registering it.

Advertisement