Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenge Vichy/Almere

Options
  • 02-08-2013 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

So after a bit of a disaster in the heat of IM Zurich I'm looking at Challenge events. Anyone sign up for Challenge Vichy or Almere?

Vichy looks like a bit of a dose to get to. Anyone have a route sorted?

Any info would help.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

altercor wrote: »
    So after a bit of a disaster in the heat of IM Zurich I'm looking at Challenge events. Anyone sign up for Challenge Vichy or Almere?

Vichy looks like a bit of a dose to get to. Anyone have a route sorted?

Any info would help.

Thanks guys.

If you don't do well in the heat avoid Vichy. I think last year it reached 40 degrees and non wetsuit. Even the pros suffered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Wasn't Vichy reduced to a half last year because it was sooo hot? While thats unlikely to happen again OP, it aint gonna be cold.

BTH wrote: »
    Wasn't Vichy reduced to a half last year because it was sooo hot? While thats unlikely to happen again OP, it aint gonna be cold.

Seems I'm right

http://triathlete-europe.competitor.com/2012/08/20/bayliss-and-dogana-win-challenge-vichy

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭altercor

Ah! Screw that so! Same temps as Zurich. By god twas a warm one! Non wetsuit too.

Almere it is so! Or Barcelona in October.. bit more accessible anyways. The only thing was that the ship my tri bike guys were covering Vichy, which would be handy. Used them for Zurich and they were great

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

I believe Vichy has changed dates for 2013 versus 2012 to overcome the heat of last year

• Advertisement

LCD wrote: »
    I believe Vichy has changed dates for 2013 versus 2012 to overcome the heat of last year

19 August 2012
    1 September 2013

Its a change, and it'll likely help, but its not going to make a massive difference. Temps of 30+ still very likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

I first had Vichy and then Copenhagen (before it became an IM dot) on my list for this year but due to various commitments and bad timings can't do either
    I did Barcelona last year. Excellent
    Its a week later this year and would have signed up if Almere didnt come along
    Race report:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055797464&page=61

Vichy date was moved to early Sept and word it wet suit swim will most likely happen

6 weeks and counting!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭altercor

Thanks lads. Pretty much rules it out so if you include the logistics of getting there. Any event that advertises car pooling on their website is to be approached with suspicion!! :-)

Almere it is. 25k from Amsterdam. Sure I could cycle it! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭trailrunner

Sorry to dig this back up but is anyone doing Vichy this year.??
    Looking at results from last year and didn't see any ire in the results . Looks like a good race or am I missing something .??

Advertisement