Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any events in Dublin?

Options
  • 02-08-2013 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm new in Dublin and was wondering if there's anyone playing any (fighting) games? Any meetups or bar fights?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Day of Champions, a multiple fighting game tourney is coming up Saturday week. Thread is here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057001030

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hey Simon, welcome to the forum!

What games do you play? We also have fairly regular casuals in Dublin too in the XGC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

We have casuals generally every Wednesday and Saturday in Dublin. There will be a thread when one is going ahead.

As for bigger events?

Erm...

topics_zps6f2bb4af.png

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

My bad for not noticing the events, I've browsed the forums a few weeks ago and these weren't there at the time and I didn't bother re-checking recently.

I'm currently in the process of getting a new arcade stick as I couldn't bring mine to Ireland (too heavy, had far more important stuff to take, sadly).

I mostly play on my PS3 - Street Fighter, some Tekken and Soul Calibur, but I'd love to try other games in casuals, meet some like-minded people and have some fun after work!

Simon_K wrote: »
    My bad for not noticing the events, I've browsed the forums a few weeks ago and these weren't there at the time and I didn't bother re-checking recently.

I'm currently in the process of getting a new arcade stick as I couldn't bring mine to Ireland (too heavy, had far more important stuff to take, sadly).

I mostly play on my PS3 - Street Fighter, some Tekken and Soul Calibur, but I'd love to try other games in casuals, meet some like-minded people and have some fun after work!

I recently got my PS3 out of mothballs so I'd happy to do some SF4, on and offline.

But yeah come along to the tournament, keep an eye out in the forum for casuals, we're always doing stuff!

• Advertisement

Ahh, I just realised that it's next weekend and that I'm working.. that sucks. I'll keep an eye out for the next casuals then! Are the casuals always held in XGC?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Ahh, I just realised that it's next weekend and that I'm working.. that sucks. I'll keep an eye out for the next casuals then! Are the casuals always held in XGC?

ye every wednesday and saturday at xgc. Sometimes there'll be casuals on tuesday as well. We're there till about 11pm

Mind my asking where you're from Simon? Just curious!

Poland, I hope you won't mind my thick accent...:) Are you guys holding casuals tomorrow? What console do you play on? Technically I "Could" bring my own PS3 and Street Fighter...

Poland, I hope you won't mind my thick accent...:) Are you guys holding casuals tomorrow? What console do you play on? Technically I "Could" bring my own PS3 and Street Fighter...

I was just actually asking because your english seems very good :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

We hold casuals in the XGC on lower liffey street in Dublin. Map here. Consoles are already there, you just have to bring games/controller. SF is mostly played on 360, Tekken mostly on ps3.

Oh, I thought that by XGC you meant "The Exchange".

Are these meetings random or do you guys always set them up beforehand? I've noticed a couple of threads in this subforum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Oh, I thought that by XGC you meant "The Exchange".

Are these meetings random or do you guys always set them up beforehand? I've noticed a couple of threads in this subforum.

It's every Wednesday and Saturday (unless there's something else going on on the Saturday, like a tournament). Generally there'll be a thread put up a couple of days beforehand to check attendance for various games.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

hi guys,

can I actually bring my own console if I want to and staff will let me connect somewhere?

I (casually) play older games released on PS2, some 2d stuff like Garou, Street Fighter 3, Samurai Spirits 2 or Capcom VS SNK 2.

3d: Tekken 5, TTT.

I would love to attend and have a few games for fun.

Advertisement