Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo v Donegal Sunday 4th Aug @ 4pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Fair play Mayo great match. That wasn't a yellow card though

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Slattsy wrote: »
    Slightly harsh.

Didn't think so, ball was long gone and he hit late and put the hand to the face. Left ref with no option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

Well done Mayo,great to see them win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

That's it, run for the hills Jimmy ya prick.

No place for his kind of tactics in this game, both himself and Gallagher let themselves - and Donegal - down badly this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Played the man, correct decision, when will these guys learn the game was over its time to start a points system for double yellows after 5 or so you miss two matches might help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

healing handshake.........

He had most of the match to think about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Mayo were superb. Best showing by any side so far this season. They could beat Dublin like last year if Dublin don't turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭johntommy

Its like a funeral on BBC 2 Northern Ireland. Hilarious.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I very much doubt if any All Ireland Champion have bowed out the following year by getting an absolute mauling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Mayo were superb. Best showing by any side so far this season. They could beat Dublin like last year if Dublin don't turn up.

I don't think it'll matter whether Dublin turn up or not.

• Advertisement

WooHoo Up Mayo ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I just hope Mayo peaked there !

All the pre-game ****e from the Donegal camp clearly backfired today and only boosted Mayo today. They were well up for it.
    Can they play like that again?? That is the question.

#prayfordonegal

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Off ya go jim try to teach those ponies more than one trick for next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Muigheo Abu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

Great win for Mayo, they did die a little in the last 10-15 minutes though so not a complete performance yet.
    Nobody is looking at an all Ireland final yet, Tyrone up next and hopefully we maintain the same level of performance against them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Id imagine thats the end of Jimmy McGuinness with the role he has at Celtic. Very hard to give full commitment to both I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Downlinz

I just hope Mayo peaked there !

All the pre-game ****e from the Donegal camp clearly backfired today and only boosted Mayo today. They were well up for it.
    Can they play like that again?? That is the question.

#prayfordonegal

:D

Again?

They've won all 4 of their games this season by double digit scores. It's nothing to do with the media or a once off performance, Mayo have been dominating everything.
    People were justifying it before by saying "Connacht is awful" but when Roscommon went within 2 of Tyrone and Galway beat Armagh and almost beat Cork it just didn't hold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Combined winning margin this year over four games - 61 points.

The Rossies must be feeling pretty good about themselves about right now - they kept their defeat to just 12.

copacetic wrote: »
    Didn't think so, ball was long gone and he hit late and put the hand to the face. Left ref with no option.
    He should have been taken off before then, one black mark against the back room staff who otherwise got their tactics spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

Delighted to see Donegal beat.
    Can't stand what Donegal called football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I'm delighted for Horan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Doneglol

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭johntommy

Will be interesting to see how Tyrone scum football fairs against the beauty of Mayo

Mayo will need to be very disciplined against Tyrone.
    Mr nice guy Mickey Harte will have a game plan to upset Mayo players.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I very much doubt if any All Ireland Champion have bowed out the following year by getting an absolute mauling.

Meath beat Kerry by 15 in 2001

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Someone doesn't understand the difference between condemn and condone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Donegal are made look poorer than they were when Cork beat them in the quater final by 14 points in 2009.

They have been badly shown up today.No heart or fight.Once the system is beaten,bar a few players,their are average footballers.

Martin Mchugh id say is speechless.
    With the new rules coming in next year,Donegal will find harder to come back.Their glory days are over for a long time.

Credit,to Horan,and Buckley,they have done a superb job with them.

I hope Mayo win it now.

bitter man ... credit were credit due Donegal were worthy champions last year you don't win all Irelands with average players ? ? but well beaten today they cant have no excuses mayo deserving winners and on this form must be favourites to win it out now .just hope this was not their final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Tv3 have some nice sennheiser headphones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

The Rossies must be feeling pretty good about themselves about right now - they kept their defeat to just 12.

glad to see we are on your mind even after a win ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Bambi wrote: »
    Tv3 have some nice sennheiser headphones

I prefer Head Candy myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

jenno86 wrote: »
    Doneglol
    Donegone

As a Galway man i really want Mayo to win All-Ireland this year, a Mayo-Dublin final would be a great spectacle..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Gobshíte didn't ask about the stamp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Gobshíte didn't ask about the stamp.

I'd say he was told not to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Darragh O Shea is getting more like Pat Shortt every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Have to laugh at the poll above ,mayo are getting more votes now :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭mikerodgers96

johntommy wrote: »
    Mayo will need to be very disciplined against Tyrone.
    Mr nice guy Mickey Harte will have a game plan to upset Mayo players.

mayo need to be wary of tyrone.........

mickey harte is no fool and will have a gameplan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Put simply Donegal all over the pitch could not match Mayos pace today and AOS was dominant in the middle A team will always be trashed in that situation
    Looking at Tyrone I see the same situation The few players they have with pace are a bit light Penrose Donnelly etc Then likes of McMahon Gormley ONeill I cant see them being up to the speed of it If Mayo keep disciplined n stay man to man on Kavanagh I can only see one result SOS showed up well I thought with workrate n linking up n took a nice score Would love to know how many kickouts AOS caught

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Anyone know what game TV3 have of the semi's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭blowitupref

mayo need to be wary of tyrone.........

mickey harte is no fool and will have a gameplan

Stop Sean Cavanagh and you stop Tyrone though saying that Tyrone can't be as poor as Donegal were today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Mayo have been immense this year, people just dont really get that they are good enough to steamroll anyone atm.

Mind you Dublin are dangerous too, it'd be a great final, plenty of attacking football and physical, manly players without being dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Stop Sean Cavanagh and you stop Tyrone though saying that Tyrone can't be as poor as Donegal were today?
    I dont know As yer man in Fr Ted said Joe McMahon Im a huuuuge fan He does good mass But I see him struggling when the intensity is upped N he was a big player in their win But he had time n space N Monaghan were playing a very obvious burst straight forward from defence You see likes of Finlay as opposed to Mayos Carolan Im pretty confident we have the physical matchup I would not be so confident if facing Tyrone of yore Tyrones danger men are Carlin Kavanagh n Penrose Unsuprisingly probably their fastest players

• Advertisement

is penrose not out for the semi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

Mayo have been immense this year, people just dont really get that they are good enough to steamroll anyone atm.

Mind you Dublin are dangerous too, it'd be a great final, plenty of attacking football and physical, manly players without being dirty.
    Kerry will have a big say in that.Dublin wont beat kerry if they start brennan,connolly and go toe to toe with them.

Kerry have a midfield that will cause dublin problems.Cork had no game plan,never gave the forwards enough ball,and played with a centre forward in name only,yet got 14 points.

Kerry will get way more if allowed as they have better scoring forwards than dublin,and in cooper the man to make it all click.
    It should be a classic game to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

AOS was great today but did pick up that 2nd yellow.
    There was no mention of this in the end, though the clip was shown. Is he not suspended?

I was going to ask that too, is AOS suspended for the Tyrone game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

franklyon wrote: »
    I was going to ask that too, is AOS suspended for the Tyrone game?
    Nope

dont think 2 yellows is a suspension

Super from Mayo and in particular Aidan O'Shea who not for the first time, bossed a game of football. They were outstanding all over the field though and were up for it from the very first whistle. I hope they can keep it up now and go on and claim Sam Maguire because frankly their fans and their panel deserve it for their sheer evolution alone these last 3 seasons. Who can forget back in 2010 they were knocked out by Longford up in Pearse Park? To evolve into the beast they are currently is a terrific achievement on its own and Horan has been clinically ruthless in his approach....dare i say he was almost Cody like even the way he is on the sideline. The way he dons the peak cap and parades up and down the sideline encouraging his troops to keep going

What has happened to Donegal a mere 11 months later? A team who looked to have the world at their feet reduced to rubble they were today. They were very loose and just didnt play with the same zip and fire as we know they are capable of. It seemed to be a classic case of second season syndrome. The first red flag was their relegation. I think they needed to be more competitive within the division but they seemed to be still on holidays back in January when others were hitting the ground running. I think they can come back from this as they will be written off. I like Jim as he seems a fiery determined type and even the very best teams have bad days. 2 have come in close succession for Donegal, but you dont win All Ireland and 2 provincial titles by being a bad team so i think they can come back as strong as they were. I think its unfair the way they are tagged after the semi v Dublin from 2 year ago as they were deserving winners of the All Ireland last year having played some brilliant football and racking up serious scores against teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

No he's not suspended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Anyone know what game TV3 have of the semi's ?

Thankfully they have no more Senior games. All they have left is the 2 All-Ireland Minor Finals.

Praise the lord, say what you want about Spillane and Brolly etc but I much prefer RTE coverage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement