Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-op in Old School?

Options
  • 02-08-2013 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi there,

Basically what I want to know is if I can do Co-op in my secondary school? I bumped into my principal by chance one day, and I asked her if they would take me on, and she said no problem.

Financially, it is more feasible for me to be able to drive to a placement rather than having to get accommodation, so this opportunity would be ideal.

I was just wondering if anybody knew if I can work there, and has anybody done this before?

Thanks . :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Yes you can, you just need to fill in an own placement form, it's fairly straightforward.

See
    http://www3.ul.ie/coop/coop/students/OwnPlacementForm2012.doc

and

http://www3.ul.ie/coop/coop/students/Own%20placement%20guidelines%202012.doc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Hi there,

Basically what I want to know is if I can do Co-op in my secondary school? I bumped into my principal by chance one day, and I asked her if they would take me on, and she said no problem.

Financially, it is more feasible for me to be able to drive to a placement rather than having to get accommodation, so this opportunity would be ideal.

I was just wondering if anybody knew if I can work there, and has anybody done this before?

Thanks . :)

No problems and plenty people do it. Assuming teaching is related to you're course?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

The coop office will love you for getting your own place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Jester252 wrote: »
    The coop office will love you for getting your own place.

And take the credit for it on their stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

garv123 wrote: »
    And take the credit for it on their stats.

It what they good at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Nic Neptune

Thanks so much for your responses! :) Huge help. :D

Advertisement