Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computers work experience?

Options
  • 02-08-2013 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

No one seemed to no anything about the Microsoft work experience so any information on any Irish companies that work with computers. Especially anything to do with programming. I know that I want to do SOMETHING with computers but I just can't find anything that suits :confused:. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

No one seemed to no anything about the Microsoft work experience so any information on any Irish companies that work with computers. Especially anything to do with programming. I know that I want to do SOMETHING with computers but I just can't find anything that suits :confused:. Thanks in advance!

It depends, where in Ireland do you live? If you live near a college or IT inquire about seeing if they have TY type programmes. I know the larger Universities do but I live near none so I have no information on that, sorry.

Are you interested in hardware sector? You could work in a repair shop which is what I did for one week and I am now working there for the summer.

One week I went to a local Games Developement and developed a simple Javascript game in a HTML5 games engine. Which was both fun and challenging and learnt how to work in an office situation and also how to think like a programmer

You could look here to see if any are in your area!

If you live in the Tipperary area I could TRY and help you, emphasis on the try :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Where are you located? What city/town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Troxck wrote: »
    It depends, where in Ireland do you live? If you live near a college or IT inquire about seeing if they have TY type programmes. I know the larger Universities do but I live near none so I have no information on that, sorry.

Are you interested in hardware sector? You could work in a repair shop which is what I did for one week and I am now working there for the summer.

One week I went to a local Games Developement and developed a simple Javascript game in a HTML5 games engine. Which was both fun and challenging and learnt how to work in an office situation and also how to think like a programmer

You could look here to see if any are in your area!

If you live in the Tipperary area I could TRY and help you, emphasis on the try :pac:

Could you please tell me the name of the repair shop you went to and the local games development aswell. If you still have any contact numbers or emails, please PM them. Thanks

Could you please tell me the name of the repair shop you went to and the local games development aswell. If you still have any contact numbers or emails, please PM them. Thanks

PM sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EireLemon

Troxck wrote: »
    PM sent!

Me too please :)

• Advertisement

EireLemon wrote: »
    Me too please :)

You're also from Dublin. Why would I sent details about small companies and shops two hours away? Dublin is massive and has an abundance of repair shops and other companies. Here's a list of Game Developers in Ireland

Advertisement