Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Days.Nursing Mature

Options
  • 02-08-2013 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,
    Can some guide me in the right direction.
    Starting Sept Mature Mental Health Nursing at my ripe old age, and was wondering if you miss days what happens,,Just that I have a holiday book for October weekend and will miss a mon to wed of college, 3 days.. And again in November when on Placement will miss 2 days... I had these booked ages ago when thought I wouldn't get into college...Any ideas, do we email lecturer or ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

RachealB wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can some guide me in the right direction.
    Starting Sept Mature Mental Health Nursing at my ripe old age, and was wondering if you miss days what happens,,Just that I have a holiday book for October weekend and will miss a mon to wed of college, 3 days.. And again in November when on Placement will miss 2 days... I had these booked ages ago when thought I wouldn't get into college...Any ideas, do we email lecturer or ?

Just as long as you inform your lecturer on the days you are going to miss. You will know your timetable by that stage. Same with the placement let them know as far in advance as possible. I'm not sure about the nursing side of things but I'm going in to 4th year science as a mature and never had any problems taking days off. Exams are a different story I had to forfeit a trip to NYC in 1st year because it fell at the same time as my exam I had booked it before I even applied to UL

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭RachealB

Thanks, Going to NYC twice,,,First with hubby as late wedding presents, married 3 years... and then my daughter..I know that exams in December and should be ok.thanks again.xx

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Hi rachael

I'm heading into 4th year mental health in ul. Congratulations on getting your place :-). You won't have a problem with the time off just explain in advance. The 2 days off placement will have to be done in The summer though. There is zero time off from placement, all time has to be completed. Ps if you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm a mature student as well just don't have the kiddies yet :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭RachealB

Hi, Thanks.Really nervous starting, still awaiting info packs so cant get organised just yet.. Cant wait to start as course seems very diverse and want I really want to do in my career( I am 34) so hopefully will work out. Thanks again.will keep in touch and don't worry will have a lot of questions when starting in sept.

Advertisement