Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ongar Distributor Rd closed at Sherelin Rd jct

Options
  • 02-08-2013 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

Anybody know what happened?
    AA Traffic Update
    Ongar Distributor Rd in Blanchardstown closed

Updated: 02/08/2013 16:14:15

The Ongar Distributor Rd is closed at Sherelin Rd jct approaching Blanchardstown until further notice due to an incident. Take an alternative route.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Guards where still there 20 min ago looking around and pointing in different directions looking flustered

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Elbaston

Let me guess, yet another toe-rag thinking he can jump the queue using the bus lane.
    Happens so very often on ongar road.

Not when yours truly is stopped at the white line though. :D

Anyway, I passed by it.
    Lots of little yellow evidence markers
    There was a smashed bike on the path, not far from the lights. The white van itself was a fairly good distance down the road from the bike.
    The van had a somewhat smashed front, not hugely damaged but not unlike a fender-bender at about 15 mph, and cracked windshield.
    I also noticed a more intense area of damage on the passenger side of the van (the side closest to the path) windshield...almost like a bullet hole at shoulder height. I didn't see any blood, on the van itself or anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Elbaston wrote: »
    Let me guess, yet another toe-rag thinking he can jump the queue using the bus lane.
    Happens so very often on ongar road.

Not when yours truly is stopped at the white line though. :D
    I know this is going off topic but what's the problem? Both lanes can be used for going straight and the bus lanes stop before the junction and don't start until about 50m the other side of the junction. I regularly slip in to the left and am ready when the light turns green so as to get by slower drivers
    On topic - I am a cyclist that passes through that junction twice a day, I hope the guy has a full recovery. Gave me a chill yesterday looking at the mangled bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

I passed the scene of the accident yesterday evening.

The bike was on the path and looked fairly wrecked.

The rider suffered serious injury according to a member of the Traffic Corps attending. No sign of the motor vehicle involved but the garda did confirm that it wasn't a hit and run.

Bad start to a bank holiday weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Hope the victim recovers. The fact he was transferred from Connolly to Beaumont suggests more serious injuries unfortunately. I guess it's a reminder to us all to be extra safe on the roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

fletch wrote: »
    I know this is going off topic but what's the problem? Both lanes can be used for going straight and the bus lanes stop before the junction and don't start until about 50m the other side of the junction. I regularly slip in to the left and am ready when the light turns green so as to get by slower drivers
    On topic - I am a cyclist that passes through that junction twice a day, I hope the guy has a full recovery. Gave me a chill yesterday looking at the mangled bike.

For a bike is ok-ish but...for a car driver that uses that small portion of No Bus Lane before the junction JUST to skip few cars waiting legal and quietly in the queue THEN speeding through the green light and the junction in order to get in the front of the first car in the queue...I find that very seriously illegal and immoral.
    Also, the first car in the queue, most of the time will speed, resulting in to a race of who gets first after the traffic light back on the normal lane !!!

The left turn it should be LEFT only for all cars AND straight only for Buses !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

rolion wrote: »

The left turn it should be LEFT only for all cars AND straight only for Buses !!!

I try my hardest never to let that person skip me. Infact I will always try to do the exact same speed as them so they have to stay in the lane all the way.

I know its childish but I cant help it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

rolion wrote: »
    ...I find that very seriously illegal and immoral.

what you find illegal might me interesting to you and yours.
    only the law is relevant, though.

keep on skipping! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Kev. wrote: »
    I try my hardest never to let that person skip me. Infact I will always try to do the exact same speed as them so they have to stay in the lane all the way.

I know its childish but I cant help it :D

Same here...for as long as possible !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Elbaston

Its called skipping the queue.

You know the etiquette by now.

Its the duty of every driver to fence the little douche-bags in.

(I know I do)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nomesc

Just following on from the off topic discussion on the bus lanes. The bus lanes are 24hr bus lanes so not for car use. Really bugs me people thinking the law doesn't apply to them.
    Hope the cyclist is ok,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Great to see all the keyboard warriors in here, real hard men on the Internet making light of somebody getting injured when they know nothing about the circumstances. Great men altogether. Sorry, I meant "great men altogether !!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

nomesc wrote: »
    Just following on from the off topic discussion on the bus lanes. The bus lanes are 24hr bus lanes so not for car use. Really bugs me people thinking the law doesn't apply to them.
    Hope the cyclist is ok,

Just coming up to the junctions and after them, it's not a bus lane for a short distance to allow filtering on/off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Arciphel wrote: »
    Great to see all the keyboard warriors in here, real hard men on the Internet making light of somebody getting injured when they know nothing about the circumstances. Great men altogether. Sorry, I meant "great men altogether !!"

I've read through the thread and cant see anybody making light of the man getting injured?If anything its the opposite.

Advertisement