Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goods delivered in error

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭smiley_face400

Google unsolicited goods and you'll find out all you need to know about this. You don't need to return them but you should contact the sender and let them know they're available for collection.

They're not unsolicited goods, they were ordered but, due to a delay in delivery, then cancelled. This does not make them unsolicited as the op had originally ordered them and the company he ordered from obviously did not know where they'd gotten to. It's not like they sent them out after the order was cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Unsolicited goods are different. That's the kind of case where companies send you products (i.e. books, coins) without you ordering them.

In this case, the OP did order the goods, and they were dispatched from the seller. In between the dispatch and eventual delivery, the order was cancelled and refunded. The company does own the goods and they should get their property back. However, it should be done in a way that is convenient to you. I've heard of many stories like this, where the company simply tells the person to keep the goods, as it is not economic to arrange a return.

It's all about karma ultimately :) Do the right thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Charlie77

They're not unsolicited goods, they were ordered but, due to a delay in delivery, then cancelled. This does not make them unsolicited as the op had originally ordered them and the company he ordered from obviously did not know where they'd gotten to. It's not like they sent them out after the order was cancelled

The order actually was sent out after it was cancelled. I got an email the day before I got the order saying they were dispatching my order that day and I will have it the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Charlie77 wrote: »
    a parcel is delivered to my delivery address. I didn't sign for it as I was not there. It was the stuff I ordered.

Are they with you or or they with the courier in a depot?

If the courier has them, just dont accept them. They'll go back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

I bet you're going to see you card re-charged for the cost of the goods pretty soon.

• Advertisement

Pkiernan wrote: »
    I bet you're going to see you card re-charged for the cost of the goods pretty soon.

I don't think so. Credit card was prepay visa and what was on it is now spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

It will be interesting to see what address was actually on the parcel if the op gets the original parcel delivered to them.

Shelflife wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see what address was actually on the parcel if the op gets the original parcel delivered to them.
    ????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Shelflife wrote: »

OP *did* get the parcel. That's the whole point of the thread!

I've sent this Email sent to their customer care. They'll probably reply telling me to pay for the return post. Well That's my ass covered.

Order number xxxxxxx
    Hello,
    This delivery arrived yesterday. I don't want these goods. Please arrange at
    my convenience and at your expense collection of same.
    Kind Regards,
    Charlie

Supplier has emailed me back.
    If I wish to return the goods I can post them back using their free post but they recommend I use registered post. No mention of paying for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

????
    OP *did* get the parcel. That's the whole point of the thread!

Wrong thread, sorry .:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

If I wish to return the goods I can post them back using their free post but they recommend I use registered post. No mention of paying for it.

So does that mean if you don't 'wish' to return them you can keep them?
    Or will they then charge you? Or did it not specify?

I would reply with something like the following: I am happy to return the goods via your free post, if you will accept the risks therein. I will provide a proof of postage that the goods have been dispatched, but will bear no further liability for the goods. Please indicate if this is agreeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

dudara wrote: »
    I would reply with something like the following: I am happy to return the goods via your free post, if you will accept the risks therein. I will provide a proof of postage that the goods have been dispatched, but will bear no further liability for the goods. Please indicate if this is agreeable.

Can he not insist they be collected by a courier, as that's how they were delivered?

Can he not insist they be collected by a courier, as that's how they were delivered?

He could of course do that, but how awkward do you want be? Sometimes, it's easier to give a little and meet them halfway.

They could meet me half way by picking up the phone and ringing me. I replied to their last email saying the order was cancelled and they still sent the order. Told them they should arrange collection of their stuff. Their reply was to post it back.
    I'm not taking an hour off work to queue at the post office to send it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Get that collected from your workplace then

http://www.parcel2go.com/

And who'll pay for the courier? I'm not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Not you , inform the company in question that the goods can be picked up from your workplace but they'll be paying for shipping .

Jarren wrote: »
    Not you , inform the company in question that the goods can be picked up from your workplace but they'll be paying for shipping .

Specsavers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

Specsavers

No need to do anything else here. You can let them know it's their responsibility to arrange collection. If they don't, their loss, your gain and all that.

Advertisement