Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox resolution issue

Options
  • 02-08-2013 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

Hey,

A while ago my Firefox updated to version 22 or somewhere around there, and I ended up with a strange issue whereby the resolution that firefox was using was quite a bit lower than my actual resolution.

I Googled etc and couldn't find a solution (tried new profiles and all), so I eventually found an installer for ver 19 and went back to that - problem solved.

Problem is, earlier today FF updated without my say so to version 23 and the low resolution issue is back and it's really annoying.

I still can't find a solution or anyone that seems to have the same problem as I do via Google - so does anyone else have any ideas, short of changing browser or going back to v 19 again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

By resolution do you mean the fonts on pages have gotten bigger or the whole page including pictures looks zoomed in ? Try Ctrl & - to reduce and Ctrl & + to increase the size and see if that works. Ctrl & 0 should restore to default zooming level.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Sorry I should have made that clearer. The whole thing is running lower, ie the tabs and icons in the menu bar at the top are larger and the pages being viewed are also larger.

To get the actual page to where it should be, I'd have to zoom out twice (ctrl + -) from the default that's now set (ctrl + 0).

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Is your pixel density set to default? Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display

Firefox changed how they handle that setting in version 22. You can change it back typing in about:config, then go to layout.css.devPixelsPerPx, and change it's value to 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

You're a genius.

It was set at 150%, presumably because my res is 1920 x 1080 on a 15" screen. Changing the value of layout.css.devPixelsPerPx to 1 made it a bit smaller than it used to be, but far better than it was. I guess if I do a bit more research on that setting and play around with it a bit I'll get it back to normal.

Many thanks!

Advertisement