Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone name this book?

Options
  • 02-08-2013 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭

I was just thinking back to some of the books I read in my childhood, and there is one that I'm sure I remember the basic plot, but I can't find the name.

I'm pretty sure it was by an Irish author, written in the 90s or thereabouts, about a group of teenagers vs a sort of vampire like monster (whose name I forget) that lived on a nearby island. You weren't supposed to say the monsters name. The monster also had some sort of gremliney assistants (whose name I also forget) that could kidnap and replace people with monster doubles. There may have been a sequel or two.

I sort of associate it with the De Danann trilogy and the book Vampyre by Micheal Scott, as I was reading them at the time, but I'm pretty sure it's not them. Anyone any ideas?

Advertisement