Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salmon oil for cats

• 02-08-2013 7:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Hi there I was just wondering does anyone use salmon oil in their cats food? I ordered a bottle from zoo plus to try it out to see will it help improve my cats coats before showing season starts again, do they normally like the taste of it and take it from a spoon or would it have to be mixed into the food? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I tried it with Felix and Jasper and they wouldn't touch it. They will eat half a salmon darne between them once a week, if it's at room temperature. I've just put them on taurine powder that I disolve in water and add to their food once a day. I figured Toby could do with a bit of a boost after being a stray. They seem to love the taurine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

I normally use Sunflower oil mixed in their food. Mine go mad for it. Some of mine dont like fish, go figure, but they all like the sunflower oil.
    I would try it in food and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I should also add that Felix and Jazzy love tinned, wild, red Alaskan salmon, not the tinned pink stuff, oh no, the cheaper pink stuff is beneath them but good enough for me:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

I should also add that Felix and Jazzy love tinned, wild, red Alaskan salmon, not the tinned pink stuff, oh no, the cheaper pink stuff is beneath them but good enough for me:rolleyes:

LOL, typical I know. I have one fussy little begger also, the other one is not too fussed. The fussy one however is a right cheese freak and today I gave him a bit of feta cheese that was left on my plate, this feta cheese had been soaked in Vegetable oil and there was a bit of oil (bit more than a bit actually) left on the plate, he nearly licked the pattern off the plate, could not get enough of it.

Advertisement