Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small paving job; where to go?

• 02-08-2013 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

I have a small 8 x 10 foot space in front of my house. Currently earth with covering layer of stones. And a zillion weeds.

Want to remove stones and earth, and put down some sort of paving. Nothing fancy, will have pots etc for the space afterward.

What sort of cost am I looking at, and what sort of person do I look for? Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

3DataModem wrote: »
    I have a small 8 x 10 foot space in front of my house. Currently earth with covering layer of stones. And a zillion weeds.

Want to remove stones and earth, and put down some sort of paving. Nothing fancy, will have pots etc for the space afterward.
    What sort of cost am I looking at, and what sort of person do I look for? Anyrecommendations?

no idea of the cost. Probably need a good landscaper. Go into somewhere like tobermore the will have a list of tradesmen. What part of the country are you in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭3DataModem

no idea of the cost. Probably need a good landscaper. Go into somewhere like tobermore the will have a list of tradesmen. What part of the country are you in?

I'm in Sutton, north Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

Pm sent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

What sort of cost am I looking at, and what sort of person do I look for? Any recommendations?

Take a trip to Kilsaran in Clonee,Tobermore out at Blakes Cross and also Roadstone in Feltrim.
    Have a look at the gardens and designs in all the mentioned places.

http://www.tobermore.co.uk/contact.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

http://www.kilsaran.ie/home/our-display-gardens/

http://www.roadstone.ie/home_garden/range_products.aspx?id=10&gclid=CO6h06GX37gCFUIe4Qod7mIAwQ

Also have a look at Natural Stone Yard up on the old Ashbourne Road for paving flags and stone/chippings.

http://www.naturalstoneyard.ie/index.html

You will get some good ideas and prices from all 4 mentioned.:)

Drop into Howth Garden Centre,just before Howth Dart Station and speak to Paul.....(2 minutes down the road from you in Sutton).

Hes owns garden centre and also a professional landscpaper too.

He will look after you.

Was out in Howth yesterday and today fishing,dropped in to have a look around on my way back home,had a bit of a chat with the owner and I bought some nice plants while I was there......got 10% off too...(bank holiday weekend).

Very good selection of plants/flowers/shrubs out there,and theres the 10% off this bank holiday weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭ponddigger

love the horse in the photo p147.jack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Cant you do it yourself? Its dead easy and the labour will be at least the cost of the materials if not double

ponddigger wrote: »
    love the horse in the photo p147.jack

Pretty impressive allright.
    Theres another one of them out the back in the outdoor part of the garden centre.I think both of them are for sale too.

Advertisement