Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any recommondations for things to do?

• 02-08-2013 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

The weekend of the 9th I will be travelling to Limerick city with my partner for our anniversary from the west of Ireland. We have both been to Limerick before for concerts etc, but I am wondering if there is anything we could do during the day times besides looking around the shops!? We wouldn't be too interested in museums. We are big foodies, so i am wondering if there is any type of cooking school/demos around the city ?
    Also can somebody let me know about nice restaurants to go to for lunch & dinner for saturday and sunday.

We would also be interested in nice Spa's in the city? as we won't be driving.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Of a Saturday morning up until lunchtime the market is a great place to wonder around. One of the best markets in the country. Others will suggest things beyond that to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Oh that would be lovely! Where is it on? I have come across Abbey Cookery School online? Does anybody know anything about them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

http://www.milkmarketlimerick.ie/

This will give you info on the limerick markets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Haven't been myself but it's in the City, supposed to be nice

http://www.oneperysquare.com/spa-hotels-limerick/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

Foodwise head for Hamptons Cornstore tuscany
    Drinks Gerry Flannerys Nancys tom Collins Locke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

+1 for the spa at no 1 its heaven

The new re-vamped King John's Castle & while you said you had no interest in museum's the Hunt Museum would nicely pass a rainy hour but as the sun always shines down here....:)

Two course lunch for €10 with soft drink in Marco Polo on O'Connell is great value

Oh great, thanks for all the suggestions. I will have a look into them. Is Perysquare spa located in the city centre? That sounds like a great Lunch deal at Marco Polos.

Oh great, thanks for all the suggestions. I will have a look into them. Is Perysquare spa located in the city centre? Yes, close to the Peoples Park & train station, That sounds like a great Lunch deal at Marco Polos. Nice grub too.

Just across the road from Marco Polo you have Chocolat, also very popular and above it, The Jasmine if you fancy Chinese, Freddy's Bistro is another I'd recommend along with The Cornstore,

For pub grub, the Locke Bar serves up some nice food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

I'd second the Freddies bistro recommendation. Best in limerick in my opinion.
    Jasmine is lovely too.

If you are interested in cooking classes I'd recommend
    http://www.bunrattycookeryschool.ie/

A lot of the other cookery courses are just demos but you actually get to cook in Bunratty.
    Highly recommend it.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone. We have booked dinner for The Cornstore for saturday night, so I am looking forward to that.
    Remouad, I have just emailed Bunratty Cookery School asking if they had anything on this weekend so we will see if they reply with anything!

Advertisement