Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EDGE: List of games awarded a 10 in their history.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Lists like this can only ever court controversy and disagreement, hell that's why they exist. But I will join others and argue not against games being on the list, but games being alongside some of the others on it.

Personally I hated Bayonetta so I won't comment there. But if Rock Band 3,Halo and Halo 3 and Gran Turismo can be 100% 10 games alongside Ocarina, Mario 64 and The Last Of Us something is amiss.

If Halo 3 can be a 10,so too can COD 4 (before we realised we were being milked), Medal Of Honour Frontline, Far Cry 3 and Goldeneye.

That might seems like a subjective collection based on my personal tastes, but so is the initial list really. Unless they're all reviewed by the same person, and you've found you've similar tastes to that person, lists like this can hardly claim relevance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I can't stand realistic racing games but Gran Turismo was brilliant. I can easily see why its there if these lists are aiming for "Games that changed the genre"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

They don't like RPGs and strategies?

They don't review them really. The occasional AAA but not real engagement with the genres. Not an issue really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I don't get why people get so worked up over these review scores. It's an opinion at the end of the day not a statement of fact.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't get why people get so worked up over these review scores. It's an opinion at the end of the day not a statement of fact.

Sh but for Edge it's 'the voice of the magazine'. It would be far less ridiculous and also much fairer to their writers if they stopped that nonsense and gave the reviewers bylines so people would know who's opinion it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

I remember when they did this before. There were only 4 games on the list then. How time flies. And standards slip.

I've only played 4 of these games, they're from quite a narrow range of genres mainly. Ocarina of Time and Bayonetta I only played briefly and couldn't get into (in fairness to Ocarina this was on the Gamecube reissue). Halo was well done but I never understood why it was supposed to be revolutionary and I'm not even a PC gamer. I liked it but didn't think it was amazing. Gran Turismo , as mentioned, definitely deserved a 10. It probably hasn't aged well but it was a quantum leap forward at the time. I spent hours on it and I'm not into driving games.

Advertisement