Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Myfishmaps.com

Options
  • 02-08-2013 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here use this website? I've been looking at it and it shows all 1487 lakes in Ireland under the heading Ireland Fishing and Outdoor Maps

http://www.myfishmaps.com/intl-fishing-maps/Ireland/fishing-Water_Locations/Lake/

I found a lake up the mountains in Co. Clare that I had heard about and went to find it a couple of weeks ago. Really nice fishing spot. I'm just wondering if all the lakes on the site are actual fishing lakes? I scrolled down a little just clicking on the ones in the Galway area and some are big lakes whereas others are tiny. Just wondering if anyone else has used it and what they think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Handy to have. Never knew that.
    I looked through it and blessington lake isn't on it. Unless I'm gone blind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

You're right, it's not on it. That's a bit mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

I don't get it, what is the point of the website? This is just Google Maps as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Findin exact locations of lakes

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

The maps are broken down into different sections. Blessington is listed under Reservoirs.

http://www.myfishmaps.com/intl-fishing-maps/Ireland/fishing-Water_Locations/Reservoirs/Ireland/Liffey_Reservoir/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

As far as I see all lakes and waters are 'auto-generated'. Noticed this site years ago but no updates for Ireland that I can see.

Not one I have looked at has any info posted whatsoever.

Good idea on behalf of the person that set up the site but pretty useless if they are not going to make any effort to put useful info on it. I guess they expect the masses of fishermen to do that for them, but for that to happen they would need regular users.

Chicken but no egg scenario.

Advertisement