Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Brosna

Options
  • 03-08-2013 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Does anyone know if Brosna gets Broadband. I am fairly sure its only possible with the dongle. Apparently the exchange is not enabled around there and there is no plans to by Eircom. I don't live there but would like to move there in next couple of years but know if there is no Broadband (as in decent broadband) in the area it is not possible as would be needed for work purposes.

I cannot believe for an area that is so close to Abbeyfeale & Tralee it is so backward with broadband. This shouldn't be the case.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

You may be able to get fixed wireless, they have wireless antennas in Castleisland so if you have line of sight to one of them, you will be able to get broadband. Kerrybroadband and Permanet are the 2 main wireless suppliers in Kerry. Check their websites and it will show a coverage map of where they can cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭fmannix10

Rural Broadband also list Castleisland so you might be able to get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

There is no fixed line broadband. satellite/wireless or the 3G disaster will have to suffice

Advertisement