Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox360 and HDMI

• 03-08-2013 1:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

Time for another 360 rant ,
    Have the old 360 with a HDMI port at the rear of the console under the TV connection point ,
    Tried tonight for the first time ever to connect a HDMI device only to find you can't connect anything due to the TV connection lead completely blocking access to the HDMI out ,
    What was Microsoft's point in adding it if you can't actually coonect a device to the port,
    Any easy solutions available

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Is the lead not fitting in the TV or the Xbox? You know you don't need th scart with HDMI?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Is the lead not fitting in the TV or the Xbox? You know you don't need th scart with HDMI?

I was connecting a phone with HDMI to view videos and photos on the Xbox ,as my TV is practically antique so no HDMI on the TV itself so I need the scart in ,

I'll feel a right ejit if this is something obvious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Gatling wrote: »
    I was connecting a phone with HDMI to view videos and photos on the Xbox ,as my TV is practically antique so no HDMI on the TV itself so I need the scart in ,

I'll feel a right ejit if this is something obvious

I might be wrong but why can't you just use the USB port?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

I cut of the part on the scart lead that was blocking the hdmi port.
    Usb should work, depending on what phone your using.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Is the HDMI out only? Or is the xboxone being gimmicky with HDMI in and HDMI out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

The 360's HDMI is out only afaik. Depending on the phone you have there could be a play-to app that lets you send pics etc to your 360 wirelessly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

HDMI is definitely out only. Sure if it accepted input you still wouldn't be able to see it, because your output to TV would be SD lol

Usually the only devices with HDMI inputs are displays (monitors or TVs), the One is a bit of a rarity in that regard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭murphyaii

I had the same problem.i found a youtube video where you must pry off the casing from the video lead to the tv so the hdmi lead can also fit in at the same time.this was a major blunder by Microsoft when they designed the console.typical of them rushing it out to beat the playstation.like the rrod problem with the processor and not putting silicon under the chip to stop it from overheating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

The 360 was out long before the PS3 and I'd say it was a deliberate design choice to stop people either connecting to two TV's, or using both cables on one device. As we have seen from this thread, not everyone is up to speed on how this stuff works.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭murphyaii

I doubt it but we'll never know

• Advertisement
Advertisement