Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing bootmgr

Options
  • 03-08-2013 5:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

I camp back after leaving my computer run for about 7 or 8 hours i was running HD Tune to see was my external hdd ok , and I think there was a power surge or something and my computer restarted while it was running the program , and it just had a black screen saying ''Missing Bootmgr'' and i no thats missing boot manager , and it usually come up when i have a memory card in my computer when i turn it on, but there wasn't one in it , so i then just plug all usb device out apart from the keyboard and mouse still no luck , so then i turned it off opened it up and took out my 2 Hdd and just put in my actually C-drive and it finally came back on but i would like to know why this happend and is it dangerous for my pc , and also when i turned it back on i notice it was very slow and i have an i5 + 8gb of ram so it shouldn't be slow , well no where near as slow as it was so was this all becuase of the power out or what could have happend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Check the boot order in the bios, make sure that the disk with the operating system is first. Sounds like it rebooted and tried looking for the boot magr in the wrong disk / usb decice.
    Its not dangerous, it is a pain though

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

Check the boot order in the bios, make sure that the disk with the operating system is first. Sounds like it rebooted and tried looking for the boot magr in the wrong disk / usb decice.
    Its not dangerous, it is a pain though

Alright thanks man :)

Advertisement