Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to straighten electrical ESB piping?

Options
  • 03-08-2013 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I bought 50 Meter of the red electrical ESB cable which comes in a coil. It is difficult to straighten any tips?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you have the trench dug, put it in and cover part with soil, or just a concrete block to hold till you move further down. I presuming its just the 50mm ducting. You will need a hockey stick for the meter cabinet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hi,
    I bought 50 Meter of the red electrical ESB cable which comes in a coil. It is difficult to straighten any tips?
    Thanks

If you aint got a trench dug yet and need to straighten it out then unroll it and as you unroll it,place a 4 inch solid block on it every 3-4 meters or so.
    Leave it rolled out for a day or so...that will help to straighten it out and not have the tendencey to coil back up just like that.

If you do have the trench dug,then just place it in the trench and backfill the trench as you go along laying the ducting.

No harm to shovel in a 4 inch layer of sharp sand or grit over the ducting before you fully backfill the trench with soil/earth.
    This if for the future,in the event that you need to dig the trench open again.
    When you hit the sand/grit,you know you are a matter of inches above the ducting.

Simples.:)

Advertisement