Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Village Hotel Bettystown closed/closing??

Options
  • 03-08-2013 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Howdy,
    Went to pop in for a sneaky the other evening but the hotel was closed. I heard it was going to be turned into an old folks home a while back. What's the sceal? Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ertlin

A decision is due on May 16th into an application to change the Village Hotel from a hotel to a residential care centre for up to 15 people.

The closure of the Bettystown Court Hotel some time ago was a severe blow to the community and it now just lies as an empty shell.
    Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 opawaman

Had one of my first jobs at Village hotel during school holidays from Tech,About 1959/60. That was when it was owned by a Mrs Andrews and a Mrs Coates ,both from northern Ireland. Also among the workers was a frank Woolf and his son from Drogheda a labourer odd/job man, Skelly, Seems such a long time ago now.
    Never heard of the Bettystown Court hotel, Where was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Building work going on there at the minute. Walked by the site notice. Redevelopment of hotel with restaurant and car park. Thats according to site notice.

Can anybody give any more info. Would be welcome to the area

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LOU76

I heard a while back that the Egan family who own The Black Bull in Drogheda had bought it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

LOU76 wrote: »
    I heard a while back that the Egan family who own The Black Bull in Drogheda had bought it.

Likewise.

Apparently, they're putting in a restaurant, bar and function room and may do some of the bedrooms (but from what I've heard that's very much 'phase 2'). The anticipated opening date is next March.

I presume they've looked at the number of houses in the area, and the number of houses being built and decided there's an opportunity there.

Looking forward to it - it's within reasonable walking distance!

• Advertisement
Advertisement