Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UTV on UPC

• 03-08-2013 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

I don't have UPC but my mother has. She rang me yesterday to say that she couldn't get UTV and that when she rang UPC they said she would need to sign up to an additional package. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

UTV is on the most basic package. It's on channel 110
    See here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

thegills wrote: »
    I don't have UPC but my mother has. She rang me yesterday to say that she couldn't get UTV and that when she rang UPC they said she would need to sign up to an additional package. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Does she have the analogue or digital package?
    Where is she located?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

This is a channel I rarely watch but tuned into the Community Shield yesterday. I've got the Horizon box but the UTV picture was truly awful. Maybe I'm just used to watching sport in HD but UTV looked like a pixelated webstream to me. Is it always like this does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

SteM wrote: »
    This is a channel I rarely watch but tuned into the Community Shield yesterday. I've got the Horizon box but the UTV picture was truly awful. Maybe I'm just used to watching sport in HD but UTV looked like a pixelated webstream to me. Is it always like this does anyone know?

In a word... Yes

It's probably the worst channel on UPC for picture quality, and very noticeable when watching football

Hopefully UTV HD will launch on UPC when it finally joins Freesat and Sky's EPG later this year

In a word... Yes

It's probably the worst channel on UPC for picture quality, and very noticeable when watching football

Hopefully UTV HD will launch on UPC when it finally joins Freesat and Sky's EPG later this year

Cheers, I still have a satellite dish up so I might connect a cheap fta box to it for the champions league this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

SteM wrote: »
    Cheers, I still have a satellite dish up so I might connect a cheap fta box to it for the champions league this season.

ITV HD is available now FTA

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TabletopJoe

FTA?

FTA?

Free to air.

Advertisement