Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with microphone on Dell Studio

Options
  • 03-08-2013 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a Dell Studio 1737 with Windows Vista. It has a built-in microphone, which has worked perfectly for years. However, the past couple of months that hasn't been the case. I think I may have turned off the microphone my mistake, but now I have no idea how to turn it back on again.

What's odd is that the microphone APPEARS to be working, if you click the Volume Icon, and go to 'Recording', you can see that it is listed as 'working'. But it isn't picking up any sound, either when you use Skype or when you use the Sound Recorder function on the laptop.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? I imagine it's about ticking or unticking a box somewhere.

265450.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement